Wow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...

Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Re: Wow...

That freak looks like it would be fun to play like a lap steel.

PC

Comment

hahaha... look how thick are the lowest strings. They're so big that don't fit in the nut. It's bizarre.

and looking at the bridge, it seems that the instrument was originally designed for 10 strings, but the owner put 15 strings instead

the brand logo on the headstock is just a sticker.
      Last edited by crguti; 03-12-2015, 04:43 AM.

Comment

That is absolutely ridiculous! The fatter strings do not even have enough clearance to play cleanly without rubbing against each other and they are touching each other towards the nut! The seller would have to pay me to take that monstrosity off their hands.
        Soundcloud

Comment

The lowest string isn't even on the fretboard.

"Throw numbers at me." Naught, zero, nil... not gonna happen.
          sigpic
          "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
          --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
          Originally posted by Lewguitar
          In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

and if you see carefully, you will notice that the first and last string are not in the fretboard. The funny thing is the price tag of £1000

Comment

Reminds me of a joke.
              "Oh jeez I accidentally burned a spot on my ironing board... Wait, can I put frets in this?"

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
                and if you see carefully, you will notice that the first and last string are not in the fretboard. The funny thing is the price tag of £1000
                Add a few 0s to that. Wants almost 10 million Sterling Pounds or 14,754,198.52 US Dollar

I submitted an offer of 1, but it was auto declined.
                Last edited by ericmeyer4; 03-13-2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Good freaking grief! From the above posts, I kinda figured it was a legitimate instrument that was home-hacked into something else, but wow. I count six musically unuseable strings -- the high D#, and everything below the low F#. Nine useable strings on a 10 string bass with 15 strings jammed onto it.

The first thing I noticed was how the low strings don't even lie flat. At the bridge and at the nut, they kinda flow over. I wondered how those could produce any kind of musical tone, and then I read, "The nut does compress the larger strings somewhat but, the tone isn't sacrificed by that. It's mostly barely audible rumblings at the low end." WHAT Tone?!?!?

And then I saw the tape covering the control holes. On an instrument that is listed at what I am assuming is the largest amount ebay.co.uk will allow. I was tempted to post the question, "Are you high on crack?" but then I decided that whoever is on the other end of that auction is possibly so deranged that his response might be completely unpredictable, and could include such things as hunting me down and killing me in my sleep.
                  Last edited by BlueTalon; 03-15-2015, 03:51 PM.
                  Originally posted by DrNewcenstein
                  To understand the idiot, you must think like an idiot.

Comment

Yah, ten million pounds seems a bit steep.
                    Then again, maybe an eight-armed alien with subsonic hearing and a cargo of diamonds will be be passing by and snap it up.
                    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Good luck finding an amp/speaker/pickup setup that can amplify those lowest notes to audible levels without sounding like literal crap.
                      Last edited by Myaccount876; 03-22-2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTalon View Post
                        ...And then I saw the tape covering the control holes. On an instrument that is listed at what I am assuming is the largest amount ebay.co.uk will allow. I was tempted to post the question, "Are you high on crack?" but then I decided that whoever is on the other end of that auction is possibly so deranged that his response might be completely unpredictable, and could include such things as hunting me down and killing me in my sleep.
                        I think we all can agree that particular seller is definitely high on crack. He was tucked away in a corner somewhere dreaming of how much crack he will be able to buy as soon as his epic bass sells on ebay. He keeps asking if anybody knows any crack dealers who accept Paypal.
                        Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                        X