"3 concentric pots to rule them all!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "3 concentric pots to rule them all!"

I have three 250k/250K concentric pot. I was wanting to know if there would be any issues wiring them where each strat pickup was controlled by its own concentric pot that controlled volume and tone.

Would there be issues? And is 250K/250K values OK for what I want to do?

Re: "3 concentric pots to rule them all!"

No issues at all, and those are good values to use. You might miss a master volume, though. So you can add one in addition to the three concentrics, or you can wire the guitar V/T/T/T in one of a few different ways. You could do it with two concentrics, and plug the third hole or leave a dummy pot in the third hole. You could use two concentrics and use the third hole for a toggle switch. You could also use only one concentric and two regular pots.

Before you wire it, it's good to know that the top knob usually controls the bottom pot in the stack (which is the top pot in the stack when you have the pick guard turned over to solder), and the bottom knob usually controls the top pot (bottom pot if flipped upside down).
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 03-09-2015, 10:57 PM.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Re: "3 concentric pots to rule them all!"

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
      No issues at all, and those are good values to use. You might miss a master volume, though. So you can add one in addition to the three concentrics, or you can wire the guitar V/T/T/T in one of a few different ways. You could do it with two concentrics, and plug the third hole or leave a dummy pot in the third hole. You could use two concentrics and use the third hole for a toggle switch. You could also use only one concentric and two regular pots.

Before you wire it, it's good to know that the top knob usually controls the bottom pot in the stack (which is the top pot in the stack when you have the pick guard turned over to solder), and vice versa.

So many options with a strat. I wired a two pickup strat like a j/b bass (two volumes, one tone) and liked it. That's why I wanted to give the strat 3 concentric pots a shot. It won't be easy switching but can definitely dial in a lot of tones.

Comment

Working...
      X