NEEDED- Reverb Pedals!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEEDED- Reverb Pedals!!!!

Hello, I'm looking for a good reverb pedal. I'm partial to the E.H. Holy Grail line & the H.O.F. full sized or Nano versions but I'm willing to consider anything as long as it's not a cheap P.O.S.??? I don't mind having to pay but I also have tons of great gear that I'd be willing to trade. I even have a Orange head & cab I might be willing to give up for the right stomp box, just let me know what you got & what you want to do with it!

Thanks,
    Rob..........

Re: NEEDED- Reverb Pedals!!!!

I gotta T-Rex Reverb I can sell ya real cheap.

J/K bro. But seriously, my fav reverb to date is the "plate" setting built into the Yamaha MagicStomp II. You can often find them fairly inexpensive. Yamaha is known for their reverb algorithms, and the "plate" setting on this thing is killer. Just a thought.

However . . . my little mind is toying with the idea of trading for the Orange head.

But probably not. I love the reverb on this thing that much.

Artie

P.S. For those who don't know, the T-Rex is the reverb that 2many just sent me for free. Along with some other fixer-uppers. Rob's good people.

Comment

LOL, the T-Rex Tone Bug was alright but I'm looking for something that emulates that Fender-ish Spring reverb fairly well & from a distance almost sounds natural. I'll be keeping it on more than off but running at a relatively low level, 4ish on a Twin??? I know it's a lot to ask, analog sounds from a digital signal but I know there's a few pedals out there that are quite capable, I just got to get my hands on them! I mentioned the Holy Grail & H.O.F. because I have some experience with the two of them & to be honest I've kind of got a chubby for Electro-Harmoinx stuff anyway but if you have something that you think will suite my needs please let me know.? Thanks for the kind words Artie, hope that stuff keeps you busy for a while, that Little Bear will throw your tube amp across the room when it's working right!!! It also sounds really good in front of a hybrid or S.S. amp, gives everything a awesome Hi-Fi sound!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2manyguitars View Post
        LOL, the T-Rex Tone Bug was alright but I'm looking for something that emulates that Fender-ish Spring reverb fairly well & from a distance almost sounds natural. I'll be keeping it on more than off but running at a relatively low level, 4ish on a Twin??? I know it's a lot to ask, analog sounds from a digital signal but I know there's a few pedals out there that are quite capable, I just got to get my hands on them!
        Yeah, there's something to be said there. The T-Rex goes before the input, while the Yamaha goes into the effects loop. Even with my limited experience, I think it's important to "shape" your sound, then add a bit of reverb, then amplify, rather than tone-shaping the post-reverb signal. If that makes sense.

Comment

I've got a Holy Grail I'm not using, mostly because it's a little intermittent: every once in a while, you stomp on it, and there's no reverb. I haven't cracked it open to check it for solder joints... would be willing to sell for cheap*, if you want someone to try and fix it.

* With power supply and original box.
          "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I have a full size HOF if you are still interested, I live in Mass.

Comment

I ended up buying a Big Box Holy Grail, got an awesome deal on it @ $75!!! So much so that I also bought a brand new shinny Mad Professor 1 Distortion/Reverb pedal @ the same time! I came across a demo video while looking @ verb boxes & I was pretty impressed! Got a super good deal on that as well @ $90 new & shipped! So I kind of got two reverb pedals for the same price as I would going with the Ghost Echo, that was going to be my first choice but I kept coming back to the Holy Grail, it's just an iconic pedal & it's tried & true!!! The Mad Prof. should be a lot of fun too & I think it will work well in front of my VOX AC-15 Twin? Anyone who owns one can tell you finding a good dirt pedal to use with it can be a challenge! So far E-H's stuff has worked pretty well for me but options are always nice!!!!!!!! You know this whole thing stared out with me looking for a "OK" Tuner pedal, still don't have one????????

Comment

Working...
              X