Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakk Wylde Total gutiar vid

so i got it uploaded for your viewing pleasure

the guy can shred your face off! sound and video quality aint the best, but the playing is frickin AWESOME! and so is the LP he's playing

so to anyone who says zakk cant play or vibrato properly .. take a look at this:
    Download - the video is about 4:40 and is 21MB big
    Last edited by Davey; 02-05-2005, 02:55 PM.

Re: Zakk Wylde Total gutiar vid

What's amazing about this video is that it's Zakk's "warm up" ... I would love to see what he can do after he's played for a few hrs!!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

That was awesome! Wylde is truly the master of pinch harmonics. It was cool to watch his picking as well. You could see several different styles in there.
      "Faster than a laser bullet
      Louder than an atom bomb"

Comment

Thanks Davey that was AWESOME! I always just freak when I see that guy shred like that. I can do those Pinch harmonics no problem, but those runs he was doing aren't traditional music theory wise. Truly a natural. Im going to go plug in my Les paul right now.

Comment

Oh yeah I forget to ask did you guys look at those PUPS? They didn't look like EMGS.....I gotta watch again to confirm that. Oh well, like someones gonna force me too.

Comment

Looks like a LP Standard maybe Burstbuckers....or the 490/498. Hmm....

Comment

as dumb as this sounds, anyone know what pedal(s) he is playing through?
              esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
              fender mim standard strat
              peavey classic 30
              johnson j-station
              original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
              dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
              yamaha f-310p acoustic
              taylor 410 acoustic
              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

This just reaffirmed why Zakk is my hero

Comment

He plays a jim dunlop MXR ZW-44 Wylde overdrive through a dirty amp.

From picks to pedals and every accessory in between, Dunlop Manufacturing has been creating world-class gear for musicians for over 50 years. We consistently create the best selling picks and analog electronics, and carry a large line of accessories that set industry standards in their respective fields. We have a long list of legendary and modern-day superstars who all share a passion for our gear. Whether it’s pushing new innovations with our string line, or tweaking classic sounds with our vintage pedals, there is a dedication to music at the heart of everything we create.
                  Lyrics are wasted time between solos.

Comment

that LP is purdy =)

whatever the pups are, they're passive and i really couldnt care less. just look at him wail on the thing, then say yah, like nothing happened

Comment

if my head could explode from watching a great guitarist at work it would be right here and now.
                      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                      • G&L Tribute Comanche
                      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

perty cool!
                        Last edited by Xeromus; 02-06-2005, 03:53 PM. Reason: watched it again

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                          as dumb as this sounds, anyone know what pedal(s) he is playing through?
                          Believe it or not he is using some kind of effects knobs like and amp modeler or something. It's like he dropped by someones pad and they said here is a Les Paul
                          tear it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
                            Am I the only one unimpressed by that wanking? Zakk is a great player and I admire him. But hell it's just a warm up and just a lot of fast wanking. Then again I go to college for music and guitar instruction so every day I see teachers and students who can seriously rip guitar a lot better than most famous folks. So I'm a little biased.
                            Right, and your 24 and in college for music theory good for you. When Zakk was 19 he was playing arenas with Ozzy Osbourne. LOL.

No offense, just making an important distinction between what your doing and what Zakk's "wanking" is doing.
                            Dirrty Hairy - A Tribute To Hair Metal

'05 Splawn/Mansel Custom Strat
                            '95 PRS Custom 24
                            '89 PRS CE 24

'05 Splawn Quick Rod
                            '04 Splawn Quick Rod
                            Splawn 4-12
                            Marshall JCM 800 4-12

Comment

okay I watched again. Pretty cool stuff. I must have watched it when I was drunk and late at night and was probably like "bah!" lol! After watching it again I realized I didn't really remember it from earlier, so yeah I think I was sufficiently blitzed.
                              Last edited by Xeromus; 02-06-2005, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X