banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show me your pedalboards. I'm bored and I want to see some board ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show me your pedalboards. I'm bored and I want to see some board ideas.

You guys would laugh at my pedal board these days. I don't get to play much right now but here's my layout ...

Guitar -> Boss TU-2 -> Boss BF-2 -> Crate GT65

So my board is just the TU-2, BF-2 and the 3 button footswitch for the amp. I hope to have that all changed soon but I need to sell some stuff first and haven't had the chance to do that either.
    -Greg

Guitars:
    2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
    2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
    2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
    Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
      I will have to play this Crybaby that's "the best wah pedal" sometime. I've owned a couple of them and frankly, I hated them for their tone-sucking ways. I gave the last one that I had away just to get it out of my sight. I've played the Fulltone Clyde and Mission ReWah Pro, and much prefer them both. And I own the BBE and the Vertex wahs and those are my favorites. Anyways... I guess the wah is in the ear of the beholder... but if you'd played some of these other great wahs and still prefer the Crybaby, then more power to ya. I personally will never go back to one.

P.S. Had you said that the Crybaby was your "favorite", I wouldn't have responded. We all have our own tastes and preferences. But when it comes to "the best" (something that rarely can be defined and agreed upon in something so subjective as tone)... then that's where I felt the need to chime in with my personal $.02.
      Dude, he said the best wah pedal "IMO". It means, IN MY OPINION. So everything you just said was totally unnecessary. Also while maybe not the best to EVERYONE it is certainly the standard by which all other wah pedals are judged. Also there are MULTITUDES of Crybabies, chances are there is one that you love. He also never specified which Crybaby. So his experience and yours might not even be with the same ones.
      Last edited by Falloffthebonetone; 04-22-2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I sold my Clyde Deluxe and replaced it with a Crybaby.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
          I will have to play this Crybaby that's "the best wah pedal" sometime. I've owned a couple of them and frankly, I hated them for their tone-sucking ways.
          Hey man a lot of great vintage tone was made with 'tone sucking ways'. You think bending the tape on a tape machine for the flanging effect meant that your audio quality was going to be pure? You think that Jimi Hendrix's tone got sucked away because he had an old-style wah pedal with a crappy buffer? Or how about the absolutely awful hardware bypass of the old MXR Phase 90's, you think that destroyed the sound of David Gilmour, Jimmy Page or EVH? The original distortion sound was made from a stabbed speaker, the fuzz pedal operates by chewing up and spitting out our guitar signal.

Our sound IS degradation of signal, thats what guitar tone is, it's where we come from. Degradation of signal is the heart of guitar tone.
          Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
          I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
          Andrew - None

Comment

I got a 70's Crybaby that sounds better than any Crybaby I've ever played. It definitely sucks treble though, so I'm modding it for true bypass. Problem solved.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

this thread inspired me to get mine back up and running. signal path is as follows:

Guitar
              MXR Slash Sub Octave Fuzz
              Fulltone Ultimate Octave
              MXR Blue Box
              Thomas Organ wah from 70's with stack of dimes inductor and modded for true bypass
              Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD
              Electroharmonix Micro POG
              MXR EVH Phaser
              Way Huge Swollen Pickle Jumbo Fuzz
              Tonebone Hot British
              Wampler Pinnacle
              Digitech Whammy
              Line 6 M9 is in amp's effects loop for delays, reverb and modulation. Once in a while I'll have it last into a clean amp.
              If I run into a clean amp, the I take the channel selector in the front row and replace it with the Tonebone or Pinnacle right after the OD in the chain.

Last edited by t1r12003; 04-24-2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

So many Pinnacles lol.
                Originally posted by Myaccount876
                Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
                  So many Pinnacles lol.
                  It's seriously such a good pedal.
                  Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
                    It's seriously such a good pedal.
                    I don't really bond with mine ;_;
                    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

So many Pinnacles lol.
                      And EVH Phase 90s!
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I don't really bond with mine ;_;
                        What amp did you run it through?

Wampler designed the pedal to run through Fender Blackface and Silverface amps, with best results being with the Bassman amps of that era.

I do run mine through a Marshal 1959 circuit set clean, though.
                        Nope...

Comment

What amp did you run it through?

Wampler designed the pedal to run through Fender Blackface and Silverface amps, with best results being with the Bassman amps of that era.

I do run mine through a Marshal 1959 circuit set clean, though.
                          Whatever's nearby. I mean, I like the tone, but, IMO, my modified RAT sits in a band better, and sound 'cleaner'. Then again, this is the old Pinnacle version with a ****load of gain.

Comment

Whatever's nearby. I mean, I like the tone, but, IMO, my modified RAT sits in a band better, and sound 'cleaner'. Then again, this is the old Pinnacle version with a ****load of gain.
                            Were there changes to the gain structure of the Pinnacle? Mine has a buttload of gain.

Then again, I'm in a band where I'm the only guitarist and I'm being mixed with keyboard, keytar, bass, and drums.
                            Nope...

Comment

Were there changes to the gain structure of the Pinnacle? Mine has a buttload of gain.

Then again, I'm in a band where I'm the only guitarist and I'm being mixed with keyboard, keytar, bass, and drums.
                              The newer ones with the boost switch sound kinda lesser in gain than the ones before the contour knob and switch. Until you activate the boost, that is.

My band has been disbanded, but I last used it in a jam session with an underclassman's band.
                              Pretty sure the RAT cut better in that case. I do prefer the feel of the Pinnacle, though. I keep the gain around 9' o'clock. Gotta try it in an actual live context one day.
                              Last edited by Archer250; 04-25-2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Hey, I sold all my ODs & Dists (they were collecting dust because I make my amp do most of the work) but I kept the Pinnacle Deluxe just because.

Comment

Working...
                                X