banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First try with my new NUX loop Core pedal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First try with my new NUX loop Core pedal...

Jammed this with my new Nux looper which is a pretty cool pedal & has better 'separation' between instruments than my Zoom G1Xon I think. Also gives me a better platform to use my own amps/pedals (instead of just onboard effects).

I just had my VISA distortion going into it dry...no 'verb/delay.. just the one pedal for this trial run

Tone couldve been better lol ..used a pair of old desktop speakers as monitors which were cheap/tinny as hell ( I usually use my earphones..but the Nux has a two-plug TRS "stereo out" which my phones won't plug into so I had to make do :/ )

Drums & bass-sim from the Zoom G1Xon.

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: First try with my new NUX loop Core pedal...

Cool stuff. If there was some way you could pan your rhythm guitar wide L & R, you could have the solo guitar in the middle.

Comment

Thanks man

Regarding the panning issue. Not sure how that might be possible..

Though the problem with ^^ that recording was that the backing track was stereo and the solo was a mono signal from the distortion pedal. I think I could maybe run the distortion pedal into my 'verb or delay pedals & then use a stereo out from there into the looper aux (stereo) input...so all signals would be in stereo and it might help with the internal panning....maybe? lol.

Anyway..I've got it up on Vimeo now.. (minus the cheesey outline effect lol)...sounds a bit better too I think.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Will check this out as soon as I get a chance.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Looping madness

Comment

Fun stuff! I dont't think this is a panning issue, more of an EQ issue. There are so many things fighting for the same space, it gets muddy quick ...
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks guys I'll see what can be done....

I should probably have dialed a bit more treble in on the Visa pedal's EQ for the solo & I think it sounds a bit too 'dry' too..so maybe a touch of 'verb/delay next time. The backing (rhythm) tracks had some (stereo) 'verb/delay from the Zoom's presets & the solo from the dirt pedal did'nt ...that might have been an issue too (...it's usually the other way 'round )

Youtube

Comment

It sounds like the loop is a little too loud and would work if you could somehow bring its volume down in relation to the lead. One thing that helps is to use different pickup positions and different boosts to avoid the frequency fighting Twilight described.
                Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                Marshall 1960a
                Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Yeah..the loop is a bit loud. The lead actually stands out fine for the most part (except for some of the lower notes that seem to merge with the backing track) It's just that it sounds a bit honky/tacky lol..and the panning is sort of weird. I guess some more messing about with the pedals EQ will help too.

Youtube

Comment

Just had another go over the same loop....sounds a lot better tone-wise with some extra treble dialed in & a touch of delay/reverb...stands out more and has a nice warm/fat/tubey/bluesy ..sort of greasy tone (Though it's kinda tasteless otherwise lol). Just had fun ripping through stuff & messing about....some hits..some misses

Vimeo

Youtube:

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 04-24-2015, 11:17 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Well, this actually started out with good intentions .. then I messed up that bend @15 sec. So instead of just saying "s**t" & starting over ..I carried on & had some fun

..& so the saga ends...time for a new backing loop now..

Youtube

Comment

Lol! Well at least the levels are balanced now. The lead was much more audible.
                        Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                        Marshall 1960a
                        Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Well, the weird thing is it all just righted itself man ....just after I transcended the speed of sound.

There was this massive explosion (I'm thinking "sonic boom") Next thing I knew my hands were on fire, lightning streaked across the fretboard ..& in that instant, true art was born.

Everything just fell into place..along with that sweet, angelic tone & all the unforgettable melodies.

Youtube

Comment

Hahahaha! Oh you transcended the speed of sound alright!
                            Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                            Marshall 1960a
                            Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Working...
                            X