X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gaps in the product line?

Ok!!!

I have one.

You guys offer a ton of colors for humbuckers and don't match single coil colors to the humbucker colors you offer.

When I finally found my '88 Original Floral Jem, you guys made me a pink Distortion/ Pearly Gates set and I had to get a mismatched off brand single coil cover.

This is terrible!!!
    For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Jazz has a mellow tone for a reason. Might have something to do with the name? Nah....

The alternate-voiced StagMag is interesting. Maybe take an existing model and apply the StagMag design concept to it? JB Stag? Invader Stag? Custom Stag?
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
        I'm pretty sure the Jazz has a mellow tone for a reason. Might have something to do with the name?

The Jazz set is well known to be bright and clear, not a 'mellow tone', not particularly jazz-sounding, and I've seen a number of times that members consider them to be misnamed.
        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
          The Jazz set is well known to be bright and clear, not a 'mellow tone', not particularly jazz-sounding, and I've seen a number of times that members consider them to be misnamed.

Modded with an A3, the Jazz neck does Jazz very well, (pun intended). specially in big Jazz boxes like a Gibson L-5 CES, just to give an example from the top of my head.

BTW, that's Gertrude, my all-maple L-5 CES copy. The bridge p'up is actually an A2 Jazz bridge, aka APH1B. She does Jazz quite well, if I may say so myself...

HTH,
          Last edited by LtKojak; 05-05-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
            Modded with an A3, the Jazz neck does Jazz very well, (pun intended). specially in big Jazz boxes like a Gibson L-5 CES, just to give an example from the top of my head.
            Right, and it's very nice with A2's also (A2P's). My reference was to the stock A5's.
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

The big question is do you own a SD Jazz? I have one in my Iceman and it is very full, round and clear with very pronounced mids. THe pickup is perfect for Jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                The big question is do you own a SD Jazz? I have one in my Iceman and it is very full, round and clear with very pronounced mids. THe pickup is perfect for Jazz.

They're brighter and clearer than PAF's.

Comment

I think the Stagmag would be a ton better with alnico5's. In fact, I'm quite positive it will be better.

Comment

They're brighter and clearer than PAF's.
                    I have to agree. That's why I put one in the neck of my Epi LP Custom. It's a darker sounding guitar overall and I wanted a brighter neck tone.

It's very articulate, even with the tone rolled down for those jazzy tones.
                    Nope...

Comment

I've made Stag Mag necks out of Jazz necks, and I did use Alnico 5. They're excellent. Making one out of a Full Shred neck would be great too. You need to add non-magnetic spacers, drill out the bobbin(s), and remove the base magnet, keeper bar(s)...it's a lot of work for a modder. More than a simple magnet swap. It would be convenient if it were added to the product line.
                      Last edited by frankfalbo; 05-06-2015, 09:27 AM.

Comment

I've kind of been toying with the idea of a 5-2 Stag Mag
                        sigpic
                        Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

I've done that too. And A5 on one coil, A2 on the other coil. It's a nice mix that way, instead of 3 treble, 3 bass per coil. Then the coil splits each sound more different than one another too.

Comment

such easy mods (to do if you're in the factory), but it isn't being done. I mean, it's supersimple to make the StagJazz, but it isn't being done. Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                              such easy mods (to do if you're in the factory), but it isn't being done. I mean, it's supersimple to make the StagJazz, but it isn't being done. Shame.
                              Shop Floor Customs? It's using existing parts and specs, so no special work has to be done except a different assmebly.
                              Nope...

Comment

I notice nearly all your humbuckers are marketed to rock, blues, and metal players. How about guys who play some form of U2-inspired pop-rock, worship, shoegaze, ambient, post-rock, folk, etc.

We could seriously use a humbucker that sits in tonal ground normally occupied by teles. Edgy yet sweet clean and lightly overdriven sounds that take well to delay and reverb. Most humbuckers I've met work well for thick syrupy clean, rough harsh crunch and focused gain. How about some nice sparkly overdrive? I know I could just use a tele but sometimes I want the unique attack and cancellation that only comes from a full-size humbucker.

I played a '73 ES335 with stamped-cover T-tops that got really close. Clear, almost raspy without being harsh. Like the Edge's explorer and white LP. Current pickups that get close are the Duesenberg grande vintage and Grosh small blocks. The 490R gets close but it's too muddy and the high-frequency bite, while in the right frequency range, is over-pronounced to the point of harshness.

Maybe there's a pickup in your line that already covers this but the marketing would never lead me to it. You need a name that doesn't immediately conjure an image of tight leather pants saturated with jack daniels infused ball sweat.

Comment

Working...
                                X