This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Pickup Break-in" Any truth here??

After reading a few of the other articles on his site I've come to the conclusion that the whole site is his irrational justifications of why he uses the gear he does, and why it is the "best" gear and you the reader are an idiot for using anything else. He may have some differing opinions than Grove, but his blog reads like the subtitles to a Grove video.

For more laughs read his Maple vs Mohagany electric guitar necks blog, and the "Things I learned by not listening to heavy metal anymore"
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Originally posted by allbutromeo View Post
      After reading a few of the other articles on his site I've come to the conclusion that the whole site is his irrational justifications of why he uses the gear he does, and why it is the "best" gear and you the reader are an idiot for using anything else. He may have some differing opinions than Grove, but his blog reads like the subtitles to a Grove video.

For more laughs read his Maple vs Mohagany electric guitar necks blog, and the "Things I learned by not listening to heavy metal anymore"
      Well, even if the guy is an idiot, he is getting clicks and traffic to his site for sure!
      Soundcloud

Comment

That guy's site is golden. I'm having a pretty good laugh reading his articles. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I don't always go looking for the random internet spoutings of lunatics, but when I do . . . I go http://www.timecube.com/ . Stay crazy internet.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The magnet can be exposed to other magnetic fields -- like leaning the guitar against the amp and thus putting the pickup magnets near the speaker magnet.
            Generic signature line.

Comment

lol

Comment

Let's not forget that resistors and capacitors "break in" as they drift in value over time through usage and age.
                Last edited by LLL; 05-14-2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

His "Things I've learned by not listening to heavy metal anymore..." article is hilarious, because it's true. I guess it hits a little too close to home for some. Then again, there are people who think "Masterbuilt" Strats are worth 5 times the price of a Mexican Strat, when it's the same guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodeanicus View Post
                    Then again, there are people who think "Masterbuilt" Strats are worth 5 times the price of a Mexican Strat, when it's the same guitar.
                    Beyond the shape exactly how are they the "same"
                    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                      Beyond the shape exactly how are they the "same"

Except for cork sniffing value, they're exactly the same.

Comment

No, they are not exactly the same. Not even close. There is no cork to be sniffed. Are they similar? Yes. Exactly the same? No way. Is this DreX?
                        Soundcloud

Comment

Is this what you tell your wife when she wants the diamond instead of the zircon?
                          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
                            No way. Is this DreX?
                            It smells that way doesnt it

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                              It smells that way doesnt it
                              It sure does
                              Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                                I don't always go looking for the random internet spoutings of lunatics, but when I do . . . I go http://www.timecube.com/ . Stay crazy internet.
                                Yeah... Only The Doctor can save us from that...

Nope...

Comment

Working...
                                X