banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Seymour Duncan pedal would you like to see next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Seymour Duncan pedal would you like to see next?

Something like an ABY or Tripler Pedal to run anywhere from two to three (or even four...lol) amps at the same time or in "any combination" with each other. Maybe even having some type of volume/boost/cut on each channel. That is, if that could be done. I'm no electronics guy. So I don't know.
    Last edited by JOLLY; 05-21-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
      Call it the Deja VuDuex.
      Fixed that for ya.
      Nope...

Comment

A tricked out Vapor Trail would be cool. Tap tempo, stereo in and out, and all that. I'm a sucker for a nice chorus, even for so if it had the same treatment as that Vapor Trail iteration I just mentioned. I can't think of a chorus on the market right now with tap tempo.

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdguy72 View Post
          So combine the 805 with the pickup booster? Sounds good to me...
          Disclaimer: I'm just getting back to this thread now, so I'm going to have a handful of responses in a row. Sorry about that.

Believe it or not, I reported these same findings. The Pickup Booster > 805 combo is something I've already said should be sold as a set. So well do they work together. The 805 has massive headroom, and can take a boost to the face like no other OD pedal I know.
          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
            Call it the Deja VuDu.
            Or the Deja Vu-Two

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
              If that were a pedal on store shelves right now, I would buy one on the way home from work today. (If it were over $200, I'd wait until next month.)
              Or maybe some sort of expression pedal that acts as a crossfader than can blend any two effects you want? That would be sweet. I bet as long as you set the preamp for unity gain across the travel and do the loops right you could do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                A phaser with an expression output. Or a Vapor Trail with tap tempo and an expression output.
                I know it's not everything that you asked for, but I need to mention that the Vapor Trail already has an expression pedal control.
                Last edited by sosomething; 05-21-2015, 11:17 PM.
                -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                  Or maybe some sort of expression pedal that acts as a crossfader than can blend any two effects you want? That would be sweet. I bet as long as you set the preamp for unity gain across the travel and do the loops right you could do that.
                  That's a cool idea. Sort of an ABY that blends two different input sources with a treadle, and maybe a volume knob next to each input so you can level them out.
                  -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Honestly, I'd like to see Seymour sit down with Kevin Beller, the engineer, and pull an original design out of their own minds, rather than try and make another version of something already done a zillion times.

Every once in awhile, this happens. Some guys in Sepulveda Ca, messing with a pot circuit, called their organ pedal a Crybaby Wah. Digitech came up with the Whammy Pedal. Supposedly, Les Paul came up with the flanger/phaser idea running tape heads out of phase.

That's what I'd like to see from Seymour Duncan. I was a beta tester for the first batch of pedals, so I know what they were going for, but I'd like to see something cool and original, possibly based around a wah platform, utilizing different frequencies, as if you're switching through every pickup in the sweep of a wah. That's my idea.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Nothing mind blowing, but a small volume pedal would be handy. If it could double as an expression pedal too that would be good. Also an eq.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                        Something like an ABY or Tripler Pedal to run anywhere from two to three (or even four...lol) amps at the same time or in "any combination" with each other. Maybe even having some type of volume/boost/cut on each channel. That is, if that could be done. I'm no electronics guy. So I don't know.
                        4 amps, with volume knobs for each channel:

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                          Honestly, I'd like to see Seymour sit down with Kevin Beller, the engineer, and pull an original design out of their own minds, rather than try and make another version of something already done a zillion times.
                          Yes!
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Admin, how about my idea (refer to my earlier post here), (which I will quote if you can't find).

Comment

Originally posted by saqib09 View Post
                              Admin, how about my idea (refer to my earlier post here), (which I will quote if you can't find).
                              I'm not an administrator, and I did see your idea. I think like others have said, what you're describing is something like an EQ pedal, or the HBE Detox. But it is an interesting direction to think in.
                              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
                                Seymour Duncan Flanger?
                                I've heard that some pedal manufacturers consider flangers to be a dated, played-out pedal due to overuse in 80's recordings.

Well, **** 'em; Seymour, give us an Analog Bucket Brigade Flange with True Bypass and a Mix control. A Flanger that can be transparent or totally obnoxious.

Comment

Working...
                                X