banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Seymour Duncan pedal would you like to see next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Seymour Duncan pedal would you like to see next?

I'd really like to see SD make a tube driven, analogue guitar synthesizer. It would work like a subtractive synthesizer (something to change the incoming waveform of the guitar, filter, ADSR envelope and amplifier) with the tube running at full plate voltage like something Metasonix would make but for guitar. It would be even cooler if it was made to be modular like the Zvex boxes you can assemble out of modules so you can change the order and they could make additional modules to play with.
    Last edited by El Dunco; 05-22-2015, 07:54 PM.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

An effect switcher that can handle 10 pedals serial and parallel switching and trails with a built-in power supply, wah-wah, and volume pedals.

All enclosed into a portable pedal board that uses Seymour Duncan and other standard sized and double-sized (e.g., larger) pedals...

Cost @249.00 retail in SD forum Red & White colors to show 81 support
      Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
      When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
      Red Devils - 1% all the way!
      Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
      Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

I want a multi effects pedal that changes parameters based on my heart rate, perspiration levels, and brainwave activity, configurable with an emotional index, like "sad mode" which adds cave reverb the lower my heart rate is, or "anger more" that dials up a dual gain if my heart rate increases, or "math rock" mode that increases compression proportionate to brain activity... something like that, with a paint job consisting of no less than three primary colors.

Comment

I need a pedal that produces the correct amount of feedback according to how far forward I rock the pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
            I want a multi effects pedal that changes parameters based on my heart rate, perspiration levels, and brainwave activity, configurable with an emotional index, like "sad mode" which adds cave reverb the lower my heart rate is, or "anger more" that dials up a dual gain if my heart rate increases, or "math rock" mode that increases compression proportionate to brain activity... something like that, with a paint job consisting of no less than three primary colors.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk
            Nope...

Comment

a treadle shaped pedal
              that with the heel down produces a clean signal
              with the toe down produces an amount of tube distortion
              and sweeps between

oh wait
              thats a volume pedal

yea that
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

The guys in R&D are asking me if you have any specifications with regard to secondary colors.
                -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                  a treadle shaped pedal
                  that with the heel down produces a clean signal
                  with the toe down produces an amount of tube distortion
                  and sweeps between

oh wait
                  thats a volume pedal

yea that
                  Or it could be used with a clean amp and generate the distortion, but the foot would control the amount of gain (with adjustable bottom and top limits).
                  Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                    The guys in R&D are asking me if you have any specifications with regard to secondary colors.
                    Just make it like this and the bases are covered:

Comment

Chromata!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                        Chromata!

+

??

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
                          Or it could be used with a clean amp and generate the distortion, but the foot would control the amount of gain (with adjustable bottom and top limits).
                          I thought this was how all distortion pedals worked when I was first dabbling with a guitar. Albums like Nevermind and Siamese Dream were top of the charts, and it was trendy at the time to switch from clean to distorted abruptly throughout the song. So I went looking to buy a distortion pedal, and the music store salesman had to explain to me that is was actually an toggle switch in the middle of the pedal, and not a variable type of control.

Comment

New idea: a trainer metronome pedal.

It works like this: when you play in time, you're rewarded with chrunchy VOX distortion and stadium reverb, and the sound of a crowd cheering is heard. When you nail 8ths and the 16ths, the crowd goes wild, women scream your name. Your guitar sounds MIA. But play out of time, the effects go away, completely dry signal, you faintly hear a couple of guys whispering to each other about your amateurish technique, like in a guitar store setting. If you're playing is especially out of time, your signal will randomly cut out, like a bad guitar cable. And you guitar will sound all MIM. Proper motivation built in.

Comment

LMAO! I'd like to see their version of a simple adjustable wahhhh! or maybe some new type of sustain pedal..?

Comment

New idea: a trainer metronome pedal.

It works like this: when you play in time, you're rewarded with chrunchy VOX distortion and stadium reverb, and the sound of a crowd cheering is heard. When you nail 8ths and the 16ths, the crowd goes wild, women scream your name. Your guitar sounds MIA. But play out of time, the effects go away, completely dry signal, you faintly hear a couple of guys whispering to each other about your amateurish technique, like in a guitar store setting. If you're playing is especially out of time, your signal will randomly cut out, like a bad guitar cable. And you guitar will sound all MIM. Proper motivation built in.
                                How about a metronome that, upon being thrown against the wall as hard as one can or stomped on repeatedly, makes this noise:

Comment

Working...
                                X