banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Seymour Duncan pedal would you like to see next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Seymour Duncan pedal would you like to see next?

I'd like a pedal that generates an exact out-of-phase copy of the lead vocals so it cancels out the singer.

Comment

the Dragonforce pedal! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP8glmigsbE
      Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
      http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

A stomp box that releases a jet stream of ink to escape rabid concert folk, angry venue owners, sound guys and such...

Comment

A good parametric EQ that doesn't cost an arm and a leg...
          "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I reckon there's a market for pairing up the drive pedals: 805/Dirty Deed, Pickup Booster/805 Pickup Booster/Dirty Deed, 805/805. Personally I'd love to see a Uni-Vibe type pedal. I wonder too, whether there'd be a market for the preamp modules that SD used to have for their amps to be available in a pedal...?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
              I reckon there's a market for pairing up the drive pedals: 805/Dirty Deed, Pickup Booster/805 Pickup Booster/Dirty Deed, 805/805. Personally I'd love to see a Uni-Vibe type pedal. I wonder too, whether there'd be a market for the preamp modules that SD used to have for their amps to be available in a pedal...?
              You know, I was thinking there should be a Seymour Duncan Convertible pedal.
              Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                Something like the ISP Theta, just at a lower pricepoint. I've been wanting another Theta pedal, but found a Peavey XXL head for $150 less *delivered.* Not exactly the same, but similar levels of brutality.
                I would like to see some american made product as a response of the AMT SS preamp series, those can go into a recording interface or a mixer or into a power amp.
                Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
                  I would like to see some american made product as a response of the AMT SS preamp series, those can go into a recording interface or a mixer or into a power amp.
                  I'm putting together a preamp module from a pcb I have that copies the layout of a Dual Rec red channel but with FET replacing the tubes. I'm also assembling a rack preamp from a kit and my plan is to have it so that I can build a few more modules and have something like a solid state version of the Randall MTS but with a 6550 power section. I've made a start on it and it might take a little while but the end goal is to build my own setup where all my effects and drive sounds are in the analogue domain, quickly interchangeable in the signal flow and all held within the head/rack system so I can just plug straight into the front with a foot controller to change patches and no fuss. I also want to have it in stereo so you can run two different preamp sounds and be able to pan them left and right through 2 cabs or one in stereo.

Unless of course SD beats me to it.
                  The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

I'd love to see a direct box for acoustic guitar and vocals that includes the best features of Mama Bear, Solstice and Equinox with an added tuner/mute.
                    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I would like to see the birth of the virtual pickup: A module/pickup thing that you install in your guitar that is linked to a pedal and you can choose between different pickups by switching the pedal. The software inside will emulate the specific characteristics of the selected pickup, a la amplutube. Digital revolution baby! Pretty sure the technology is there already.

Just think about it, never have to swap magnets or pickups again, the one pickup that will do anything!

Comment

oh if we are talking pickups

I would like to re-up the idea from the forum pickup thing

a pickup with a pot on the side
                        that "bleeds" the pickup from modern to vintage (12-14k to 7-8k for humbuckers
                        and from 12k to 5k for singles)
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst View Post
                          I would like to see the birth of the virtual pickup: A module/pickup thing that you install in your guitar that is linked to a pedal and you can choose between different pickups by switching the pedal. The software inside will emulate the specific characteristics of the selected pickup, a la amplutube. Digital revolution baby! Pretty sure the technology is there already.

Just think about it, never have to swap magnets or pickups again, the one pickup that will do anything!
                          I wouldn't be surprised if that Line 6's newest modeling creation with support through POD's and such (being able to switch pickups modeled through the POD, they offer that with Variax tunings).
                          Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                          Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                          Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                          Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                          Line 6 Helix
                          Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

What classic pedal type has S.D. not approached yet? Wah?
                            "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst View Post

That's a cool idea. There have been a few discussions about this on here. I reckon it could be done with an active pickup that is designed to be dead flat and as clean as possible and then capture the characteristics of the pickups for modelling with convolution.
                              The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
                                What classic pedal type has S.D. not approached yet? Wah?
                                Chorus.
                                Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                                Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                                Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                                Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                                Line 6 Helix
                                Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Working...
                                X