banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Seymour Duncan pedal would you like to see next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Seymour Duncan pedal would you like to see next?

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
    I'd love to see a direct box for acoustic guitar and vocals that includes the best features of Mama Bear, Solstice and Equinox with an added tuner/mute.
    Now that's an interesting idea. And very practical.

What would you consider to be the best features of those 3 products?

Originally posted by Nightburst View Post
    I would like to see the birth of the virtual pickup: A module/pickup thing that you install in your guitar that is linked to a pedal and you can choose between different pickups by switching the pedal. The software inside will emulate the specific characteristics of the selected pickup, a la amplutube. Digital revolution baby! Pretty sure the technology is there already.

Just think about it, never have to swap magnets or pickups again, the one pickup that will do anything!
    I think what you're describing would be very, very similar to the current Variax technology. The only issue with that would be size. I don't think the board for such a thing could fit in a standard humbucker housing at the moment, and if the processing were moved to a pedal, I don't know if the necessary information from the pickup could be transmitted over a standard instrument cable. Not saying it can't be done, only that I imagine a significant amount of R&D would have to go into making it work.

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
    Chorus.
    Absolutely not. Impossible. The next pedal will definitely not be a Chorus. Especially not one with an independent mix knob and expression control.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Yeah i mean that the pickup is just a clean signal reciever/sender (like others already mentioned) and the pedal will have all the modulation done inside so you can select the pickup voicing you want. Lol yeah kinda like the line 6 M-line pedals do.
      I would absolutely buy this in a hearthbeat if it sounds half as decent as the M-line pedals modulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
        Chorus.
        The Deja Vu works fine as an analog chorus.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I would also like to see SDs take on Chorus.
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Bass wah/fuzz

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              I need a pedal that produces the correct amount of feedback according to how far forward I rock the pedal.
              I'd love to see a direct box for acoustic guitar and vocals that includes the best features of Mama Bear, Solstice and Equinox with an added tuner/mute.
              Ooooh, I like these two!

And I'd like a pedal that does the opposite of the pickup booster pedal: a pickup reducer pedal. Could be cool for us who have humbuckers and not single coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dahla View Post
                Ooooh, I like these two!

And I'd like a pedal that does the opposite of the pickup booster pedal: a pickup reducer pedal. Could be cool for us who have humbuckers and not single coils.

That's an EQ pedal

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                  That's an EQ pedal

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
                  What do you mean? Is the pickup booster pedal just an eq?

Comment

The Boss GT-3 and and ME-70/ME-80 have humbucker->single coil and single coil->humbucker simulation modes as a point reference. It's pretty convincing, I can't tell if its just imposing an EQ profile or what.

Comment

I'm saying an EQ pedal can do a pickup reducing function
                      and a boosting function to a point

with my EQ pedal I can simulate the snap and bite of a single coil by pulling back on the bass faders and punching up the mids

I can also EQ a single coil to be a bit more bassy and humbuckerish by pulling back a bit on the treble and punching up the low mids

in case you haven't noticed
                      I like mids
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                        Now that's an interesting idea. And very practical.

What would you consider to be the best features of those 3 products?
                        For Mama Bear, it's the digital emulation. This DI box wouldn't need 16 input sources and 16 target instruments, but maybe three of each.

For Solstice, it's the mic pres, channel splitting, phase reverse, the FX loops, graphic EQ and as many 1/4" and XLR ins and outs as the box could fit.

For Equinox, it's the dual notch filters.

Plus the tuner/mute. And I'd love the whole thing to work both on the floor or on a mic stand with an adaptor.
                        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

For Mama Bear, it's the digital emulation. This DI box wouldn't need 16 input sources and 16 target instruments, but maybe three of each.

For Solstice, it's the mic pres, channel splitting, phase reverse, the FX loops, graphic EQ and as many 1/4" and XLR ins and outs as the box could fit.

For Equinox, it's the dual notch filters.

Plus the tuner/mute. And I'd love the whole thing to work both on the floor or on a mic stand with an adaptor.
                          Thank you, Evan. I've just submitted this idea to the idea box.

Not that you couldn't just pick up the phone and convince someone yourself, I'm sure, but hey - it's the idea box!
                          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

I would have bought a Baby Bear if you made one - just one guitar sound (ok maybe two) - I don't need/want all the different guitars in one box, I just need my J200 to sound like a J200 when it's plugged in. Can't afford the full Mama Bear in my budget and wouldn't use all of it because it's overkill for my needs, but the tech sounds great and I might have been able to squeeze something 1/3 or 1/4 the price in if it existed.

Comment

i like fixed wah. Not a lot of those pedals out there.
                              Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                              http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                                I would have bought a Baby Bear if you made one - just one guitar sound (ok maybe two) - I don't need/want all the different guitars in one box, I just need my J200 to sound like a J200 when it's plugged in. Can't afford the full Mama Bear in my budget and wouldn't use all of it because it's overkill for my needs, but the tech sounds great and I might have been able to squeeze something 1/3 or 1/4 the price in if it existed.
                                The original plan was to make a Baby Bear along the lines of what you're describing. And a Papa Bear that pretty much combined all thee D-TAR boxes and more into a rack-mount unit. And a software plug-in. But there were some structural problems with the way D-TAR was organized and funded that made it difficult to move forward with projects like these. Hopefully, now that Seymour Duncan owns D-TAR, they'll be able to give it the attention it--and the market--deserves.
                                Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                                Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X