This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well CXXIV: Kais - Not a Typical Rock Star

I have been passed the torch by Arkitkt, so here it goes. What's Brewing Folks?

Re: The Well CXXIV: Kais - Not a Typical Rock Star

1. Why are you not a typical rock star?

2. What would you say you do here?

3. Do you file a cover sheet on all your TPS reports?

4. When you are by yourself in nature, do you fart upwind or downwind?

5. Boxers, briefs or depends?

6. Les Paul or Strat?

7. White Sox or Cubs?

8. Ask yourself a question and answer it.
    Soundcloud

Comment

1. Why are you not a typical rock star?
      I can honestly say I've been sober 99.9% of my life, which doesn't seem like a big deal, but in my generation is definitely against the norm. I find my taste in music and guitars very unique. Also I'm not a rock star.

2. What would you say you do here?
      I lurke around and attempt to learn a thing or two about stuff. I have expanded greatly as a musicians since I started this forum. I've learned a lot about pedals and pickups and everything associated. This has greatly helped me shape my tone to my liking. And I can proudly say I have little to no gas at the moment!

3. Do you file a cover sheet on all your TPS reports?
      What the hell is a TPS report?

4. When you are by yourself in nature, do you fart upwind or downwind?
      I would say downwind, but it depends on the velocity and duration.

5. Boxers, briefs or depends?
      Boxers, tho briefs aren't a bad option.

6. Les Paul or Strat?
      Strats yo, have twos of 'em. Not a Gibson fan, tho I respect them greatly. I do have an explorer from my metal days. Always loved the appearance of strats but never liked single coils. I found the trick with fat strats. Low end of an sg, and still have the cut of a strat.

7. White Sox or Cubs?
      Neither, they both stink. Bulls, next season...do want to watch leflop choke this week

8. Ask yourself a question and answer it.
      My top 4 albums of all time:
      1. Nirvana - Nevermind
      2. Foo Fighters - Colour and the Shape
      3. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
      4. Muse - Absolution

Comment

Standard questions:

1. You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?

2. Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

3. You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening not to notice anything's amiss? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)

4. The zombie apocalypse has come. Most people have fled their homes. Production of food in your country has stopped. Zombies roam the streets looking for a fresh meal, and you have escaped your quiet suburban neighbourhood with the rest of your family (let's say this is a typical family . . . 2 kids - one 8 year old/one 12 year old, and 2 parents).

You enter a new town looking for food and are attacked by a chick. You manage to fatally wound the person, but before she dies, she tells you that she was an elementary school teacher and was trying to kill you to provide enough food to keep the surviving members of her class alive (there's no food in town). You also find out that she's been teaching the survivors from a classroom of 11 year olds to kill and cannibalize people passing by in order to survive. They've been doing this for a while now. She tells you where they are living, and to protect them.

Do you risk your own families safety (and the safety of any other passers by) by ignoring the cannibals and hoping that they don't follow you? Do you risk confronting and executing the kids to guarantee your safety? Do you take the cannibal kids with you and try to teach them to be regular human beings again? What action or inaction would you take, and why?
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

1. How many guitars do you currently own?

2. Desert island guitar/amp combo. One of each!

3. If you could live the life of a character in a movie or book what character would you choose?

4. About How many boogers have you eaten in your lifetime? (Don't lie... everyone has eaten boogers at some point)

5. Your Top 5 most beautiful women.

6. Favorite sport.

7. Least favorite type of whale.

8. Most favorite type of whale.

9. Favorite type of chocolate.

10. Something that makes you hurl.
          Last edited by firebirdguy72; 06-03-2015, 01:42 PM.
          Originally posted by dg27
          Salad plates are aerodynamically more effective than dinner plates, which are too heavy.

Comment

1. You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?
            Well assuming its in a remote location, I would think it would take about a day or so until the real food runs out, then we'd resort to cannibalism. I'd consider someone fat first, for obvious reasons.

2. Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?
            Look for the fattest in sight and start grilling. The fewer people to eat, the better in my opinion. Can't imagine humans taste well..

3. You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening not to notice anything's amiss? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)
            I probably wouldn't do this. It's one thing for me to eat, but a totally separate issue for it to be provided for others. But for the sake of the question, I would assume the calf and forearm and ect would be the ideal choices. Maybe some pepper, ect.

4. The zombie apocalypse has come. Most people have fled their homes. Production of food in your country has stopped. Zombies roam the streets looking for a fresh meal, and you have escaped your quiet suburban neighbourhood with the rest of your family (let's say this is a typical family . . . 2 kids - one 8 year old/one 12 year old, and 2 parents).

You enter a new town looking for food and are attacked by a chick. You manage to fatally wound the person, but before she dies, she tells you that she was an elementary school teacher and was trying to kill you to provide enough food to keep the surviving members of her class alive (there's no food in town). You also find out that she's been teaching the survivors from a classroom of 11 year olds to kill and cannibalize people passing by in order to survive. They've been doing this for a while now. She tells you where they are living, and to protect them.

Do you risk your own families safety (and the safety of any other passers by) by ignoring the cannibals and hoping that they don't follow you? Do you risk confronting and executing the kids to guarantee your safety? Do you take the cannibal kids with you and try to teach them to be regular human beings again? What action or inaction would you take, and why?
            This would turn into a situation that resembles I am Legend. You know, shotguns locked and loaded, extreme safe house. I would put my family at top priority in this situation.

Comment

What made you want to get into music?

What is your absolute, ultimate turn-up-the-music "aw, yeah!" jam?

What are the qualities in your favorite musician that you'd most like to develop in yourself?

It's been a long while since our last Well. Thanks so much! (...or should I say, "Well-come"?)
              sigpic
              "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
              --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
              Originally posted by Lewguitar
              In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

1. How many guitars do you currently own?
                I have 2 Strats, 1 Explorer, 1 Acoustic, 1 Bass, and 1 broken Squier Strat which I keep because it was my first guitar at age 14.

2. Desert island guitar/amp combo. One of each!
                I'd probably take my blue strat with a tone zone bridge, and a Marshall JCM 800 combo. That way I could crank it pretty loud and no one could complain!

3. If you could live the life of a character in a movie or book what character would you choose?
                Good question. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I think owning and running that factory would be amazing and profitable at the same time. I would try not to eat so much candy for health reasons. But I would market the hell out of that brand. It would be awesome.

4. About How many boogers have you eaten in your lifetime? (Don't lie... everyone has eaten boogers at some point)
                I'd say 1, and it was accidental. Was one of those situations in which it was cold and it just kinda drooped in the right spot.

5. Your Top 5 most beautiful women.
                1. Kim Kardashian (many years ago before she got really famous)
                2. Rocio Nunez
                3. Nicole Sherzinger
                4. Katy Perry
                5. Kate Upton

6. Favorite sport.
                Soccer, with Basketball as a close second.

7. Least favorite type of whale.
                Beluga Whale. Such a cold demeanor.

8. Most favorite type of whale.
                Humpback whale. I like their songs. There's even records available!

9. Favorite type of chocolate.
                White chocolate.

10. Something that makes you hurl.
                Smell of feces.

Comment

What made you want to get into music?
                  Back in the 90's, my dad had purchased a cd of the Wayne's World Soundtrack from a random garage sale. Track #1 Bohemian Rhapsody. Blew my mind away. I knew one day I would pick up an instrument.

I hit teenage in the early 2000's. Chicago had been known for its modern radio stations such as Q101. When I discovered that crowd, one of the first songs I heard on the radio was Smells Like Teen Spirit. It was at that point I knew I had to get a guitar. I had a high school friend teach me the basics, and we would jam from then on out.

What is your absolute, ultimate turn-up-the-music "aw, yeah!" jam?
                  Damn, tough to pick one. This answer changes a lot from time to time, but one song that always gets me pumped is Breed by Nirvana. Enough Space and Winnebago by Foo. Something I Learned Today by Husker Du. I could be here for days listing songs! But a bulk of my favorite music is from the 90's.

What are the qualities in your favorite musician that you'd most like to develop in yourself?
                  When writing music I ALWAYS tend to overcomplicate everything. I have so many favorite musicians I couldn't list them all if I wanted to. One very important thing I learned from Kurt Cobain was the simplicity of music and guitar, not everything has to be complicated and complex. From Billy Corgan I learned the perfection of guitar tone, and to never give up until I am satisfied. From Dave Grohl I learned the pop hooks that make songs fun to listen to. And finally, from Muse and guitarist Matt Bellamy I learned the complexity and a deeper relationship with Guitar and Bass, one where Bass does not have to follow the guitar line and can have solo's haha.

It's been a long while since our last Well. Thanks so much! (...or should I say, "Well-come"?)
                  Thanks Ginormus. This has been fun so far. Hope there's more questions to come!
                  Last edited by Kais; 06-03-2015, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Less filling? Or tastes great?
                    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                      Less filling? Or tastes great?
                      tastes great?

Comment

I grew up in Wisconsin. Pretty much everybody where I lived said Illinois-ians and/or Chicagoans were crazy and rude. What did you-all say about us "up north" types? (nothing good, I can imagine...)
                        WHo would be worse to deal with as tourists in Chicago, a Wisconsinite, or somebody from southern IL?
                        Why were there SO many good bands from Chicago?

Comment

Originally posted by daan View Post
                          I grew up in Wisconsin. Pretty much everybody where I lived said Illinois-ians and/or Chicagoans were crazy and rude. What did you-all say about us "up north" types? (nothing good, I can imagine...)
                          WHo would be worse to deal with as tourists in Chicago, a Wisconsinite, or somebody from southern IL?
                          Why were there SO many good bands from Chicago?
                          Haha, yeah actually we always said Wisconsinites were always stuck up and rude as well. I've visited Wisconsin many times, Kenosha Milwaukee Madison etc. In that situation I would say someone from southern Illinois, just because they tend to be more hillbillyish, Wisconsinites are more prepared.

Oh yeah, all the great bands are from Chicago vs Wisconsin. Part of it is population, more people in Illinois so more of a chance for everything. Also comparing Chicago to Madison or Milwaukee, Chicago has always been more artsy and always was a hub for business and travel. You ever watch sonic highways? Episode 1 was about Chicago music scene, you should give it a watch. My favorite Chicago band is Smashing Pumpkins by far.

Comment

Which is more virtuous, Altruism or Egoism and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                              Which is more virtuous, Altruism or Egoism and why?
                              Altruism, I'm a strong believer in helping out the less fortunate in any way shape or form. I strongly believe most of my friends and family would put me in this category.

But whether we want to believe it or not, most people are motivated by their own success or actions. But a fine line to this is to ensure there are no exaggerated feelings of self-importance. We all can fit in this category at one point or another.

Comment

Working...
                              X