X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CXXIV: Kais - Not a Typical Rock Star

Originally posted by Kais View Post
    My favorite Chicago band is Smashing Pumpkins by far.
    One of my life's high points is taking the Amtrak down to Chicago to see SP at the Metro right around when Siamese Dream came out.
    I just looked online and THE ACTUAL SHOW is on U-tube!

That was an AWESOME weekend, I was gushing about that show for years after.

THis may be a little before your time, but after getting a car I went to Chicago as often as possible to see shows (since other than Madison or Milwaukee, nobody played in WI) I saw "Local H" about a dozen times, and I think I started annoying the "Fig DIsh" guys because I saw them like every weekend for a while...
    Riding in the open back of a pickup down to "Tinley Park" to see Lollapalooza was pretty cool, too... The people driving behind us didn't like me barfing out the back of the truck on the way home.
    Last edited by daan; 06-04-2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

How did you get to 800 posts and I don't remember seeing you

Mary Ann, Ginger, or Mrs. Howell?
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by daan View Post
        One of my life's high points is taking the Amtrak down to Chicago to see SP at the Metro right around when Siamese Dream came out.
        I just looked online and THE ACTUAL SHOW is on U-tube!

That was an AWESOME weekend, I was gushing about that show for years after.

THis may be a little before your time, but after getting a car I went to Chicago as often as possible to see shows (since other than Madison or Milwaukee, nobody played in WI) I saw "Local H" about a dozen times, and I think I started annoying the "Fig DIsh" guys because I saw them like every weekend for a while...
        Riding in the open back of a pickup down to "Tinley Park" to see Lollapalooza was pretty cool, too... The people driving behind us didn't like me barfing out the back of the truck on the way home.
        HOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the concert dvd that included with the reissue of Siamese Dream. That was before my time, I was a small child at that time. But I watched the dvd of that show, it must have been amazing! Seeing the Pumpkins before they even hit it big. And plus that was the original lineup. I think since Jimmy left the band, it just hasn't been the same. I also went to the same high school as Jimmy Chamberlin, but he graduated many years before I did. What do you remember about the show, anything interesting?

Oh yeah, Local H, the band that is on the tip of hitting it big. I follow them too, I have all their records, good stuff. I live pretty close to Tinley Park, and I've been to a few shows there as well. Not too bad of a drive for you, 294 south to 80.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
          How did you get to 800 posts and I don't remember seeing you

Mary Ann, Ginger, or Mrs. Howell?
          Yes you do, remember that argument we go into at the legislature? I got an infraction for that.

I had to google this as I don't know who these are. But then I saw they are from gilligan's island. I remember watching this show as a young kid in the 90's. Mary Ann all the way. What happened in the last episode? They ever make it back to real land?

Comment

When you hear the word "fencing" do you think of a job or a sport?

How do you simplify a song when your song ideas are all complicated?

Is a forum member's post count a measure of their "forum credibility", or is it indicative of their ability to estimate the requirements of a fencing project?

If you were on a desert island with Mary Ann and GuitarSteve, which one would you eat (first) ... assuming the food supply has run out? Steve is a guy concerned with and into fitness so he will likely be more lean, but you have expressed a preference for eating the fatter one for obvious reasons.

Please forgive me if I have overlooked this in a previous post: What is Kais? Is it your name or is there a deeper, more profound meaning?
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

When you hear the word "fencing" do you think of a job or a sport?
              Definite the sport. Have you evener seen the Princess Bride? There was a fencing scene in that movie I think.

How do you simplify a song when your song ideas are all complicated?
              By over complicated I meant I think I have to write a new guitar/bass piece for every piece of the song. And then I realize, hey why don't I simplify this ans just repeat the same part during the verse/chorus ect. Sounds weird, but it makes sense to me.

Is a forum member's post count a measure of their "forum credibility", or is it indicative of their ability to estimate the requirements of a fencing project?
              It is the ability to estimate the requirements of a fencing project. People discover this forum at different points in their lives, and that will result in a lower post count than others. Just like me, I've been playing for over a decade, but just joined in Oct 2013.

If you were on a desert island with Mary Ann and GuitarSteve, which one would you eat (first) ... assuming the food supply has run out? Steve is a guy concerned with and into fitness so he will likely be more lean, but you have expressed a preference for eating the fatter one for obvious reasons.
              I'd go for GuitarSteve first. I'm sure in that situation he has a similar thought in mind, so in addition to food, for safety reasons

Please forgive me if I have overlooked this in a previous post: What is Kais? Is it your name or is there a deeper, more profound meaning?
              No you did not overlook, good question. Kais is an Arabic name for a former tribe located in modern day Saudi Arabia. This link can explain better than I can: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qais

Comment

[QUOTE=Kais;3825344]What do you remember about the show, anything interesting? [/QUOTE}

It was LOUD, I lost my earplugs in the "pit", I was basically jumping around like an idiot the whole time (I'm the guy with the flannel shirt on in the video, ha ha), pretty much every song would start, and I'd be all, "Oh man, I LOVE this song! I love THIS song, too! Awesome!" My friends were pretty tired of me gushing about the show later. After the show we kind of wandered around town, this homeless guy kind of hung out with us (especially since we gave him beer) My ears were ringing pretty much the whole weekend.

I live pretty close to Tinley Park, and I've been to a few shows there as well. Not too bad of a drive for you, 294 south to 80.

Ha ha, not from Eau CLaire, it was, like, 6 hours each way... still totally worth it to see that show.

Comment

Which of the following conditions would you choose if you had to live with it forever:

A) Average/mediocre musical talent but with awesome top shelf tone and gear;

B) Supreme composing/technical chops, but with unremarkable tone and gear?

Comment

Originally posted by daan View Post
                    It was LOUD, I lost my earplugs in the "pit", I was basically jumping around like an idiot the whole time (I'm the guy with the flannel shirt on in the video, ha ha), pretty much every song would start, and I'd be all, "Oh man, I LOVE this song! I love THIS song, too! Awesome!" My friends were pretty tired of me gushing about the show later. After the show we kind of wandered around town, this homeless guy kind of hung out with us (especially since we gave him beer) My ears were ringing pretty much the whole weekend.

Ha ha, not from Eau CLaire, it was, like, 6 hours each way... still totally worth it to see that show.
                    Damn man I'm pretty jealous! That would've been an awesome show. At least they released the DVD so us general population can watch the pumpkins in their prime. I like what Joe Sheehan (owner of the metro) said after that show the pumpkins really hit it big and started touring on a wider scale.

I didn't mention it yet but my entire rig is based off Billy's tone. I've chased for years and now is the closest I've gotten to copping.

Comment

Originally posted by Great_Kazoo View Post
                      Which of the following conditions would you choose if you had to live with it forever:

A) Average/mediocre musical talent but with awesome top shelf tone and gear;

B) Supreme composing/technical chops, but with unremarkable tone and gear?
                      I'll go with option A mostly because that resembles me now lol, except no top shelf gear. To me it's not about guitar skill, but the overall music. Kurt Cobain is one of my all time favorites, but definitely isn't extremely skilled. And he didn't need to be either. My style of music closely resembles that. Although I am in the mood for shred often!

Comment

Given the choice would you rather be abducted aliens or by radical middle east terrorists?
                        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

my standard questions:

asleep and dreaming
                          could do or be anything money is no object neither is common sense or the laws of physics ( and of course the Shania Rule )
                          go

ever eat
                          an oyster
                          a booger (skip this one )
                          a grasshopper

three persons living or dead you'd like to have a 5 min conversation with and why
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                            Given the choice would you rather be abducted aliens or by radical middle east terrorists?
                            middle east. I am middle eastern, so I could probably talk myself out of it! The aliens, not so much

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                              my standard questions:

asleep and dreaming
                              could do or be anything money is no object neither is common sense or the laws of physics ( and of course the Shania Rule )
                              go

ever eat
                              an oyster
                              a booger (skip this one )
                              a grasshopper

three persons living or dead you'd like to have a 5 min conversation with and why
                              Not sure what the shania rule is. Too many things to type. General King of the world comments, ect. More reasonable goals as well, never have to work again, buy everything on my wish list x20, ect.

None to all of those!

Tough one.
                              1. Thomas Edison, would like to understand his mindset a bit better.
                              2. Alexander the Great, greatest warlord in history.
                              3. Kurt Cobain, during his life I don't think there was ever 1 good interview of him. Just a bunch of random off the wall questions. I'd like to conduct that interview. 5 minutes is short, but could be efficient.

Comment

Shania Rule disclaimer:

when I posed the question to my one of my drinking buddies in the 90's
                                I started "Asleep and Dreaming, you could be or do anything you......."
                                he cut me off there with "Shania Twain" and refused to back away from the answer
                                while one must admit a mid 90's Shania would be a grand thing
                                I was looking for a much deeper thought
                                *** Like your answer btw***
                                EHD
                                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                                X