X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **Live Q&A with Mark Holcomb and Keith Merrow -- Here and Now!!******

Originally posted by Petie View Post
    This is for both Keith and Mark: is it weird seeing your signature guitar all over the internets?
    Surreal, for sure. I see more KM7s than Les Pauls now. hahaha

Comment

I have no question for Mark just want to say I have his Sig, and it is just a tremendous guitar as well as the pickups i also ordered another set to put into another guitar. Congrats on the success with both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by nottosay02 View Post
        Keith, what were the basis for the Nazgul and Sentient pickups? What pickups did you have in mind when designing them?
        Those pickups were built from scratch specifically for 7 and 8 string guitars. I didn't use any other pickup as a starting point. Traditionally, we've adapted 6 string pickups to a 7 or 8 string platform, but I wanted to make sure they were voiced specifically for extended range guitars. I think that set is really, really awesome. We later made 6-string versions. Kinda funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Merrow View Post
          Those pickups were built from scratch specifically for 7 and 8 string guitars. I didn't use any other pickup as a starting point. Traditionally, we've adapted 6 string pickups to a 7 or 8 string platform, but I wanted to make sure they were voiced specifically for extended range guitars. I think that set is really, really awesome. We later made 6-string versions. Kinda funny!
          I can't even count how many times I heard "Hey when are these coming out for 6-string?" It was even more than "When is Black Winter coming out outside Scandanavia" but not quite as much as "When are Alpha & Omega coming out?" :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ludo95 View Post
            Hey Mark, how would you describe your tone compare to Misha's and Jake's? How do you usually set the TS in your rig? Is that your Axe FX patch the same as the other guitarists' in Periphery or you tweak it a lil bit? Thanks a lot!
            We all use the same exact rhythm tones live. We may tweak VERY subtly based on how our specific guitars and pickups are voiced, but the goal is, at least for rhythm tones, is for all of us to lock in as tight as possible. For leads, ambient tones, clean tones, and so on we all use pretty different stuff live. Most of it comes down to personal taste, but there are some things in our chain that we need to have consistent across the board to sound tight.

Comment

Thank you for your time!!

Comment

Last question, from someone who couldn't be here:

What was the idea going in with the Alpha/Omega set and how many prototypes did you guys go through before you hit the target? Any surprises along the way?
                Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Thank you guys for the cool hang out!

Comment

Now that you guys have accounts, might we see you popping on to the forum occasionally just for the heck of it?

EDIT: Oops, just realized I missed last call. LOL

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
                    Nope...

Comment

Thanks so much for taking part in this, everyone. If you have any late questions or you're reading this after the fact, tweet your question at me at @MarkPeriphery

and thanks Evan and Keith for doing this as well!

Comment

Thanks again to our guests and to everyone who participated. Please check this out in The Vault along with the other Q&A's.
                        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Working...
                        X