X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **Live Q&A with Mark Holcomb and Keith Merrow -- Here and Now!!******

Originally posted by bloughlin16 View Post
    What genres could you see the Alpha/Omega set being able to tackle outside of metal and rock? How are its mid-gain tones?

They'll do anything in my opinion. They're extremely versatile.

Comment

Many of us have played a "first live gig", and most of us have a rather funny story about that gig because, well....it was the first. Do you remember your first live gig playing guitar in a band, and are there any funny stories about it in there anywhere? Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        Do you remember the first song that you ever learned on guitar, and how did that take you from there, to where your playing style is today? Thanks!!
        I honestly forget, but probably something by Nirvana. My playing developed from there by just learning songs that I liked. I never took regular lessons or anything so I stuck mainly to riffs and songs that I liked. That probably made guitar seem more fun for me than other kids who had weekly lessons.

Comment

you guys use some odd tunings. do you think that helps the creative process?

Comment

Hi guys. What do consider to be the holy grail of guitar tones by any artist, and which guitar tone of your own are you most happiest with? Thanks for your time!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Question for YOU guys. Would you be interested in a 7-string version of the Alpha/Omega set?

I've been running some prototypes in my main guitars and I think they sound really killer for the stuff I like to play. Here's one video with the 7-string versions-

Comment

What genres could you see the Alpha/Omega set being able to tackle outside of metal and rock? How are its mid-gain tones?
                They're pretty versatile actually. We spent a lot of time dialing in mid-gain tones and making sure every position had a purpose for different tones.

Comment

Keith, any new albums in the works?

Comment

This is both Mark and Keith. How has video and YouTube in particular, influenced the way emerging artists get exposure to new audiences?
                    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Merrow View Post
                      Question for YOU guys. Would you be interested in a 7-string version of the Alpha/Omega set?

I've been running some prototypes in my main guitars and I think they sound really killer for the stuff I like to play. Here's one video with the 7-string versions-

https://youtu.be/BSK4EAAAqJc
                      I certainly would be. Especially in active mounts.

Keith, what would you say your favorite guitar you've ever played is?

Mark, do you think there's any chance at all of an SE version of your SIG?
                      Last edited by oneblackened; 06-22-2015, 03:27 PM.
                      Current Gear:
                      LTD MH-400 (Gotoh GE1996T bridge; Black Winters)
                      LTD EC-1000T/CTM (BKP Ragnaroks)
                      Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
                      Duncan 805 OD
                      Jet City JCA100HDM
                      Jet City JCA100LTD
                      Mesa Dual Rectifier
                      Jet City American Custom Modern 2x12
                      Suhr Reactive Load

Comment

Mark, what amp models did you test the pickups through on your AxeFx?
                        Many! As I said earlier, the ultimate goal was to create something that sounded consistently good on a myriad of different tones, not just 1 or 2. Priority went to my favorite live and studio tones, which are tone-matched from the Juggernaut sessions' amp setup, but we cycled through an amount of different amps that I can't even recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
                          Keith, any new albums in the works?
                          Yessir, I'm working on a few projects at the moment. The main album I'm working on right now is with Wes Hauch, called Alluvial. Extremely dark and heavy stuff. I love it!

I'm also continuing to write for Conquering Dystopia, another solo album, and some stuff with my old school death metal project called "Demisery".

Comment

Did you play and mess around with any certain Seymour Duncan pickups (that kind of took your ear and playing style) and led you into the making/changing/designing of your Alpha/Omega set, or did you just come in raw in the designing process with Keith, and others at Seymour Duncan? If so, what were the pickups that yall changed and altered to come up with your own personal set? Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Merrow View Post

https://youtu.be/BSK4EAAAqJc
                              Dude. yes. I've been using that prototype set live and they're ridiculous.

Comment

Mark, was there a particular moment where you had one of those surreal realizations that you "made it?" Or at least stood in awe of your job.

Comment

Working...
                                X