X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **Live Q&A with Mark Holcomb and Keith Merrow -- Here and Now!!******

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
    This is both Mark and Keith. How has video and YouTube in particular, influenced the way emerging artists get exposure to new audiences?
    It's kinda crazy. Lately, I've discovered some of the most freakishly talented guitarists, drummers and artists through INSTAGRAM. Not even YouTube, haha. What does that say about how to get discovered these days? Any of these social media platforms serve as a springboard into potentially getting people to notice you. Granted, there is no special path to take or recipe for success to get discovered this way, but if your goal is to at least be seen and/or heard, it isn't near as hard as it used to be, given you've got some talented AND (sometimes equally importantly) some social-networking savvy.

Comment

This is both Mark and Keith. How has video and YouTube in particular, influenced the way emerging artists get exposure to new audiences?
      Well, it was the starting point for me. If it weren't for YouTube, I wouldn't even be sitting here right now. While YouTube isn't my primary focus these days (it kinda can't be), it is extremely important to me and every other artist out there. If you're not using video to help promote yourself and your music, you're not doing it right! Videos are such a huge part of reaching a broad audience. You never know what could happen if you just go for it and start uploading music and videos. I mean, it changed my entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        Did you play and mess around with any certain Seymour Duncan pickups (that kind of took your ear and playing style) and led you into the making/changing/designing of your Alpha/Omega set, or did you just come in raw in the designing process with Keith, and others at Seymour Duncan? If so, what were the pickups that yall changed and altered to come up with your own personal set? Thanks!!
        I used to own a SD 59 set back in the day that I loved, and I thought the Nazgul/Sentient set that Keith designed a couple years back ruled. But the design process of for these pickups was, at it's core, just to get in a room with a friend, whose ears and opinion I trust deeply, and make the best set of pickups possible. Duncan is iconic in this industry and I knew they've have the resources and talent to get exactly what we were aiming for.

Comment

Hey guys! Mark, what can you tell us about new Haunted Shores? \m/

Comment

Mark, does your playing style change when using different pickups? And if so, how does it change? Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
              Mark, was there a particular moment where you had one of those surreal realizations that you "made it?" Or at least stood in awe of your job.
              Yo Scott! Nah I never think that kind of thing to myself. Music, like most other things in life, is so much of a hustle that there really is no suitable opportunity to contemplate the idea of making it. With that being said, I'm always in awe of my job. I love what I do in every way and I wouldn't change a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Holcomb View Post
                I used to own a SD 59 set back in the day that I loved, and I thought the Nazgul/Sentient set that Keith designed a couple years back ruled. But the design process of for these pickups was, at it's core, just to get in a room with a friend, whose ears and opinion I trust deeply, and make the best set of pickups possible. Duncan is iconic in this industry and I knew they've have the resources and talent to get exactly what we were aiming for.
                We also figured out that fermented soy bean sushi is real shot. So, the whole trip was a success.

Comment

Hey, is there a particular exercise do you guys do to train your right hand picking technique? Is there an exercise you tend to focus on?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Merrow View Post
                    Question for YOU guys. Would you be interested in a 7-string version of the Alpha/Omega set?
                    I would use the hell out of a 7-string set.

Comment

Originally posted by Petie View Post
                      Hey guys! Mark, what can you tell us about new Haunted Shores? \m/
                      Mr. Hodgson! It's looking like it'll be an EP, and I wanna have it out in the next couple months. Misha and I have written everything, we just have to finish recording it at this point. Stylistically-speaking, it's really pissed off. It's way more negative than older HS and worlds faster and darker than Periphery. It's kind of our take on extreme metal. I've been aching to finish up these songs for a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Merrow View Post
                        We also figured out that fermented soy bean sushi is real shot. So, the whole trip was a success.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	natto.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	5785707
                        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludo95 View Post
                          Hey, is there a particular exercise do you guys do to train your right hand picking technique? Is there an exercise you tend to focus on?
                          I often just write riffs that seem to challenge my right hand, and then practice them until I can play them cleanly. I guess if you do that long enough, you'll advance organically. I still have a long way to go, myself.

Comment

Hi guys. What do consider to be the holy grail of guitar tones by any artist, and which guitar tone of your own are you most happiest with? Thanks for your time!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64622[/ATTACH]
                              How is that even a thing, let alone a delicacy? Haha

Comment

Hey Mark, I am a young lad in high school jamming with my best friend in our own band. I really love your signature guitar, But since I am young I can't really afford it, will you release a more affordable version of your signature or would you recommend me another PRS just as good because I Love the specs on yours and the satin neck. Thank you, and you are my hero

Comment

Working...
                                X