banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I have streamlined big time here is my flavor of the month.

Yes, I like this.

What are you major usages for the H9?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have streamlined big time here is my flavor of the month.

Securb, I really wanna hear what this sounds like -You're really doing it!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Securb.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	5812854

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Yes, I like this. What are you major usages for the H9?
        Mostly to fatten up leads with a bit of pitch shifting, sometimes a bit of chorus or reverb for leads. It is really my swiss army knife.

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        Securb, I really wanna hear what this sounds like -You're really doing it!
        Don't let your eyes deceive you. The Dirt Clod has 10 presets, you have to roll the pot to re-engage analog settings. I am not playing with that much gain these days. The level on the wah is the range of the wah sweep.

My last band was post hardcore metal so the boost and the Dirt Clod would get pegged from time to time. My new gig is a bit more laid back.

Comment

Mostly to fatten up leads with a bit of pitch shifting, sometimes a bit of chorus or reverb for leads. It is really my swiss army knife.

Don't let your eyes deceive you. The Dirt Clod has 10 presets, you have to roll the pot to re-engage analog settings. I am not playing with that much gain these days. The level on the wah is the range of the wah sweep.

My last band was post hardcore metal so the boost and the Dirt Clod would get pegged from time to time. My new gig is a bit more laid back.
          Damn, I thought you were getting all Steve Albini on the guitar and knocking over the front row with a dirty trebly buzzsaw
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Several updates for both longcat and myself.

First of all, my brand new Lead 12 pedalboard:

Built this one specifically for my Lead 12 Mini Stack, NPBD here. Took the tuner from my big board, and liberated the Phase 90 from longcat.
            The board is a Holeyboard Amptop; power courtesy of a Visual Sound One Spot.
            Signal chain is: Pitchblack -> Pickup Booster -> Phase 90 -> OD-9 -> CH-1 -> DD-2 (~300ms)

Pedalboard V4:

My 'big' board had the smallest update; moving the Pitchblack to my Lead 12 board and replacing it with a Pitchblack Portable. I'm not 100% sold on it's polyphonic capability, but the built-in cable tester is nice to have.
            The board is a Holeyboard Evolution Wide; power courtesy of a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Mondo.
            Signal flow is set up to mimic a two-amp rig I had briefly in the mid 2000s.

Guitar -> vibe -> wah -> switcher (clean / dirty / tuner loops)
            Clean: MIJ CS-3 -> GT-500 -> CE-2 -> FRV-1 -> TR-2
            Dirty: Tumnus -> UFO (fuzz / octave) -> Micro Flanger -> MIJ DD-3 (~300ms)
            Tuner: Korg Pitchblack Portable

The signal and switch outputs from the Loopmaster go to a junction box hidden under the left end of the riser.

longcat board V3:

I wanted my EVH Phase 90 back, so longcat needed a new phaser.
            The board is a Holeyboard Evo amptop; power courtesy of a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus located under the board.
            Signal chain is: Pitchblack -> Octave -> Retro-Sonic -> Pickle Pie B -> CE-2B -> BF-2

Original NPBD here, while V2 is here and V3 is here.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I have an audition this afternoon that calls for some synth work

Comment

Here’s mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/ View Post
                  Here’s mine!

Easily the winner for more expensive Pedal board per square inch. -Nice stuff, Everything is best or most expensive in class on this board.

I applaud the organization and economy of space as much as any of the pedals.

I'd insure that sucker....

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    Easily the winner for more expensive Pedal board per square inch. -Nice stuff, Everything is best or most expensive in class on this board.

I applaud the organization and economy of space as much as any of the pedals.

I'd insure that sucker....
                    Hahah I’ll take that as a compliment! Granted everything was acquired over many years or working and saving [emoji23]

Board was built and laid out by Brian Omilion at the guitar sanctuary in McKinney, TX [emoji1373]

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/ View Post
                      Hahah I’ll take that as a compliment! Granted everything was acquired over many years or working and saving [emoji23]

Board was built and laid out by Brian Omilion at the guitar sanctuary in McKinney, TX [emoji1373]

yeah, it was a compliment -I dig every bit of it....

If I didn't I would have started with the On Guitar tuner comment

I don't begrudge the expensive stuff at all, most the times in the pedal industry -it's worth it -too competitive to not be -also when you spend big money on stuff you feed the industry -people have jobs because of guys are willing to feed their playing passions with lots of money. If everyone bought Behringer and Samson, there would be no innovation, little quality, and no industry outside retail and distribution in the the US -and Amazon would kill that ultimately.

Comment

I just happen to be building this last night.

Gretsch, Vox, Fender, Gibson, Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by Bucko View Post

I just happen to be building this last night.

Nice work, that board is very Xotic...

ba dump dump.....

be here all week

Comment

No more boards for me. I sold all my pedals in fall/winter 2017, including a Nano board, all power supplies and the 6" patch cables I used.

If anything, I'll use my Cantrell Crybaby I got last year but that is it. I recently got a TC Electronics MojoMojo but it is delegated to my bass rig and sits on top of the head anyway. I like simple.

Comment

I tried to downsize I really did! The setlist for this new band is so eclectic Billy Joel - VanHalen - Bad Co, that I had to break out the big board again.

Comment

I tried to downsize I really did! The setlist for this new band is so eclectic Billy Joel - VanHalen - Bad Co, that I had to break out the big board again.

So.... that’s your small board?

Look at that cute $17 klone playing with the big boys!

Comment

Working...
                                X