banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

No pedal board is ever done, so here we are once again.

Lead 12 pedalboard v2:

The updates to my Lead 12 board ended up driving this whole re-working. First of all I wanted both a Flanger and Chorus, but didn't have room for both. I also wanted to experiment with different delay types beyond the lo-fi digital delay offered by my DD-2. I'm not a TC Electronic fanboi by any means, but a TC Flashback & Dreamscape ended up working pretty well.

The board is a Holeyboard Amptop; power courtesy of a Visual Sound One Spot.
    Signal chain is: Pitchblack -> Pickup Booster -> Phase 90 -> OD-9 -> Dreamscape -> Flashback (Dynamic ~300ms)

Pedalboard v6:

While testing out the TC Flashback on my Lead 12 board, I found that I REALLY like the dynamic delay setting. It's still punchy like the DD-2/DD-3, but it doesn't get in the way of my playing by muddying things up or getting too bright and spike-y. I went with a Flashback 2 here for the additional Tone Print slots in case I need a few 'presets' for things.

The board is a Holeyboard Evolution Wide; power courtesy of a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Mondo.
    Signal flow is set up to mimic a two-amp rig I had briefly in the mid 2000s.

Guitar -> EB Volume -> Wah -> EVH Phase 90 -> Loop-Master Clean/Dirty/Channel Switcher™ w/Combinable Loops & Tuner Out
    Dirty: Tumnus -> UFO (fuzz / octave) -> Micro Flanger -> Flashback 2 (Dynamic ~300ms)
    Clean: MIJ CS-3 -> GT-500 -> MIJ CE-2 -> Flint
    Tuner: Korg Pitchblack Portable

When combined, the dirty loop is cascaded into the clean loop. The signal and switch outputs from the Loopmaster go to a junction box hidden under the left end of the riser.

Original NPBD here, while v2 is here, v3 is here, v4 is here, and v5 is here.
    Last edited by dystrust; 07-13-2020, 09:46 PM. Reason: Added combined loop info.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

It's really cool to have back-to-back posts in this thread.

Lead 12 pedalboard v3:

I was joking in the Sound Room about how I finally took pics and posted an update, and I literally found a new pedal the very next day. I was happy with the Maxon OD-9, but I really wanted it back on my pedal shelf so I can use it when recording with my other amps. The Pickup Booster OTOH was just too loud and fat to be a good fit with the Lead 12. The ParaDrive ended up working even better than I expected; OD -> Lead 12 yields a JCM800 type tone, Boost -> Lead 12 is more plexi-ish, while both cascaded is a great lead tone. With the other recent update I can't really think of anything else this board needs.

The board is a Holeyboard Amptop; power courtesy of a Visual Sound One Spot.
      Signal chain is: Pitchblack -> Phase 90 -> ParaDrive -> Dreamscape -> Flashback (Dynamic ~300ms)
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

• Comment

• These.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

• __PRESENT
            Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
            Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
            Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
            Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
            Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
            Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
            Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
            Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
            Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
            PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Comment

• Because this stupid pedalboard is always changing....current jam

Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
              It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

• Here was mine from a recent recording session:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	pedal.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	6009737
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Here was mine from a recent recording session:

Name:	pedal.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	6009737
                  So the Fractal is an all in one floor unit? No power amp needed?
                  I absolutely do not know how these things work.
                  About a month or 2 ago, I played through a friends Helix. It sounded ok. Mostly because his tones were not the tones I would probably program, but I see the potential.

Comment

• The Fractal gets plugged directly into a mixer. It models amps, cabs, microphones, effects, etc. So, live, you need a power amp (like the PowerStage 200) into a cab or, like I do, into in-ear monitors direct to the PA. This setup isn't for everyone, for sure- that visceral 'standing in front of the loud cab' thing is not there, but the tone the audience (or recording engineer) hears is glorious. Recording-wise, it is the best recorded tone I've ever had. So, that works for me.

Comment

• Here's mine. I'm such an effects squirrel, it's just a bunch of velcro stuck to a board that I found around the house:

Name:	IMG_0063.JPG
Views:	401
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	6010050
                      Attached Files

Comment

• After some dealing and wheeling...

Comment

• I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

• I need two of them just so I don’t spend half my life rearranging the lineup every time I play through a different amplifier..

The smaller one is mostly used in front of my VOX AC15C1 & AC-30TB, while I use the larger one with just about everything else? Especially anything that has an effects loop....
                            I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

• I have a few different ones too, depending on the project I am using it with.

Comment

• My current board:

Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Working...
                                X