banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by Blille View Post
    Those three pedals are analog so you should be fine daisy chaining them.

I’ve never used a Zuma but it’s got great reviews. It’s designed for pedals that use a LOT of power (500ma)like the big sky or timeline. A bit overkill for most applications but of course we don’t k ow what else you want to put there

There are several Dunlop / MXR bricks. One is not isolated (DC Brick) the other two are isolated: iso-brick and mini-iso which I think could be a good fit.
    A BOSS TU-3W is definitely on plans. In my over 11 years live careers I never used or needed one, but I definitely would prefer one for my electric show comeback.
    I have been playing acoustic for the past 5 years. Only 4 electric shows in that time frame, but many want me to return to electric shows. Let's see if it happens this year.

Do you think I could power up the BOSS TU3W with a MXR Brick? I sold all my BOSS Pedals.
    Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

It looks like this now but probably will change by the end of the day. I'm picking up a Boss MD-500.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_111c.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	5813303

Comment

Got everything off my old board and there's just enough room for what I want!

Sent from my Fire HD10 using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by The Commodores?
        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Last edited by JMP/HBE; 04-16-2019, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Here's an update to my "smaller" board - it actually has more pedals on it than my "big" board now! LOL Using a Pedaltrain Metro 24 with a Truetone CS6 underneath for power.

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Put together the new one yesterday. Replaced my old Palmer PSU with a new Mooer one (and christ, is it heavy). Good thing I ordered the female-female adapter too - there's supposed to be a Keeley Comp Plus in there, but there's a delay in delivery across Europe, so will have to hold my breath for a few more weeks.

Last edited by Coma; 03-20-2019, 05:50 PM.
              --------------------------------------------------------
              1973 Aria 551
              1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
              1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
              1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
              1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
              1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
              2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Here's mine

Still want to add a phaser and a better chorus and flanger, losing the Ibanez CF7 combo pedal in the process.

Also ordering parts to do a Keely mod on the DS1.

The Fuzztone Fuzz was built by a local guy for the local music store (Fuzztone Music), and is a germanium circuit that sounds pretty cool, but I don't have enough experience to compare it to anything.

Name:	20190402_122931.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	5813448
                I strive to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                  It looks like this now but probably will change by the end of the day. I'm picking up a Boss MD-500.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]96772[/ATTACH]
                  Starting to look like my board!

Do yourself a favor and snag some One Control MIDI Hammer cables. They're not cheap but they really make cable management on the board easier and have allowed me to control all of my stuff so well.
                  Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                  It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
                    Starting to look like my board!

Do yourself a favor and snag some One Control MIDI Hammer cables. They're not cheap but they really make cable management on the board easier and have allowed me to control all of my stuff so well.
                    +1
                    They really are very well designed low profile cables.

Comment

Spot the mod!

Okay, I'll tell you. I swapped out the old CE-2 for my MIJ CE-3 (modded for "PSA" 9-volt power and with an ultra-bright orange LED). It's my first pedalboard change of 2019, and it's APRIL. What's wrong with me?!?
                      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

#2019 UPDATE

Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
                        Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

I built this one out of spare pedals from the junk drawer.

I've tried a bunch of different compressors in my main rig and never liked them. They just don't work for me through the baby Marshall clone. On the other hand, I love those '80s clean, compressed, chorused guitar sounds. Think bands like The Fixx, 'Til Tuesday, Suzanne Vega, Simple Minds, Tears For Fears... this board through a clean amp (or two) will do those sounds.
                          1. Korg Polytune
                          2. MXR Custom Comp
                          3. DIY Paisley Rat
                          4. Busted Cry Baby shell re-purposed as a volume pedal
                          5. Boss DD-3 delay
                          6. Boss CE-3 stereo chorus

This one's mostly for fun at home, but I may switch to it when the ol' cover band does "Better Be Good To Me" at the reunion show next month.
                          Last edited by Rich_S; 05-11-2019, 10:32 PM.
                          Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                          Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Name:	97074196-54F8-40D1-8F1A-3CD6C5E1D10F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	5814372

Comment

This is my home living room practice rig.
                              The pedals are in front of a 5w Hotone Nano head with a reverb in the loop. This chain is connected to a single 1x12 cab.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
                                This is my home living room practice rig.
                                The pedals are in front of a 5w Hotone Nano head with a reverb in the loop. This chain is connected to a single 1x12 cab.

How does the Decimator work for you? I had the same for a while, but never got it to work. When set so it actually reduces any hiss it also cut guitar sound so badly it was unusable.
                                "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                                Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                                X