banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Post your PEDAL BOARD pics here.
    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Pitchblack, Fuzz Rite clone, BB PReamp, '74 RI Phase 90, CE-2, BF-2, DD-3, Multistomp (presently doing slapback duty). Voodoo PP2+ under the deck.
    Last edited by Rich_S; 07-14-2015, 06:06 PM.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Hey, it's wired Rich!

I dig the blue. Are those Lava Cables? Self soldered or purchased?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Those are Belden 9463, designed for Allen-Bradley's industrial automation networks, RIO and DH+. Out in industry, they just call it "blue hose". I used it as a joke, because it's been ubiquitous throughout my engineering career. Anybody in the automation business from about 1980 onward knows blue hose on sight. If you ever had a couple of pieces of equipment and you didn't know if they were going to talk, as long as they both had a blue hose connection, you knew things would be alright. Also, I get scrap lengths for free, and what's scrap in a panel shop or factory can make a LOT of 5" patch cables.

It's getting to be obsolete these days, finally being phased out and replaced with Ethernet. It's really overqualified as guitar cable; twisted pair in triple shielding, but it's basically indestructible and I smile at the inside joke whenever I look down.
        Last edited by Rich_S; 07-14-2015, 09:44 PM.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
          Those are Belden 9463, designed for Allen-Bradley's industrial automation networks, RIO and DH+. Out in industry, they just call it "blue hose". I used it as a joke, because it's been ubiquitous throughout my engineering career. Anybody in the automation business from about 1980 onward knows blue hose on sight. If you ever had a couple of pieces of equipment and you didn't know if they were going to talk, as long as they both had a blue hose connection, you knew things would be alright. Also, I get scrap lengths for free, and what's scrap in a panel shop or factory can make a LOT of 5" patch cables.

It's getting to be obsolete these days, finally being phased out and replaced with Ethernet. It's really overqualified as guitar cable; twisted pair in triple shielding, but it's basically indestructible and I smile at the inside joke whenever I look down.
          That's what I was thinking that was just wasn't quite sure either. Nice setup by the way.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that I'm apparently the only person who still uses a pedalboard.
            Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
            Rich Stevens

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436963764162.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	5787964
              Tuner > 808 clone > mid gain OD > RAT > EQ > Chorus > Delay
              Originally posted by Myaccount876
              Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that I'm apparently the only person who still uses a pedalboard.
                I love that story.

Here's mine. I run a Wah and a flanger or Microvibe out front. (Need a bigger board! )
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I was beginning to wonder the same thing.....

Comment

What do people use nowadays?
                    Originally posted by Myaccount876
                    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
                      What do people use nowadays?
                      Personally, I mainly use a modeling processor since they are somewhat cheaper (well, the one I have was anyway). I have a Fender Mustang Floor and a Digitech RP350. I started this thread to see what other guitarists alike had on a board to where I could start to build my own board in the future.

Comment

Last year's board:

Name:	Pedals, Guitars, and Fiona 005.jpg
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	5787968

A more recent iteration:

Name:	004.jpg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	5785684

Even the carpet got replaced!
                        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Sweet Laz! I could dig on that board for days.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Name:	0619152332b.jpg
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	5787970

Comment

80's metal setup….

Planet waves Tuner - Thank you Evan!
                              Original Proco Rat - in case i want to go with a different dirt through the clean channel
                              Washburn Flanger - Flanger in "Down Boys" or "Ain't Talkin' bout Love"
                              Marshal Clean/OD OD1/OD2 switch
                              Digitech Chorus factory set to Boss CH-1
                              Behringer Vintage Flanger - Van-Halenized in Orange/Black/White, set to vintage. No reason….just in case.
                              Visual Sound Garage Tone delay - set for tight slap back effect "Cold Blood" or Ain't Talkin' bout Love"
                              Boss RV-3 set for tight metallic delay - general use "Cum on feel the noise" etc…
                              Boss DD-3 set for long delay/repats - generally for solos
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X