banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    You put so much effort in, then a couple changes and it’s a rats nest again. Entropy at its finest.
    Yup. One of the benefits of using a loop switcher, I guess.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    1973 Aria 551
    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Simple but works great!

Tube factor with a Tung-Sol 12AX7 tube
      Cry Baby wah with vocal, mid and true bypass mod. Also replaced the pot to a 100k icar and put a bright led in the front.

All the others are stock. Works just fine for me!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200116_113925.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	5818001
      Last edited by dudiluty; 01-16-2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181204_204957_2.jpg
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	5818002

I rearranged the placement of the pedals a while back (never buy the SKB velcro rack drawer, pedals don't stick to it very well. I ended up getting a sturdy pull out shelf and Dual Lock - so much better) but the pedals themselves are the same.

Guitar -> Wireless unit -> Voodoo Labs GCX -> Crybaby Rack -> Green Rhino -> 80's RAT -> Boss HM2 -> Splawn Nitro -> FX Out -> Fortin Zuul -> Chase Bliss Wombtone -> Chase Bliss Spectre -> Chase Bliss Tonal Recall -> Korg Rack Tuner -> FX Return.

Everything is controlled by a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro. I've actually got a Voodoo Labs control switcher in the rack, and that will let me control my footswitchable amp functions via MIDI as well, but I haven't hooked that up. Additionally, I've got a little unit that will let me control the Chase Bliss pedals via midi as well, but again, I haven't hooked that up yet. Yeah, I'm lazy. Also worth noting - the Fortin Zuul gets an input direct of the dry guitar signal from the GCX. This is used to properly trigger the noise gate only when needed.

Here's a picture of the whole rack. The 2u drawer at the bottom holds all of the cables I need for my rig.

Name:	20181204_204814_2.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	5818003
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Latest update to my big board. Still a work in progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Working on building the actual board.

Name:	IMG_1589.jpg
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	5818045
            -Butch

Comment

My pedalboard for bass. Built-in power supply and 12500mah battery, both in the board itself. Super light and last for 2 gigs (maybe more) without recharging.

Name:	IMG-2885.jpg
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	5818095

Name:	IMG-2887.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	5818093

Name:	IMG-2886.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	5818094

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                My pedalboard for bass. Built-in power supply and 12500mah battery, both in the board itself. Super light and last for 2 gigs (maybe more) without recharging.
                That is epic. I've seen a few guys use the rechargable battery packs, which I think is a great idea myself. This takes it to another level.

Comment

^Looks great. I've been planning adding a battery pack for my mini board, but options have been bit scarce. Mooer power amp needs + 2A output, and many manufacturers don't seem to add info about max. output, or it's not enough for all the pedals.
                  "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                  Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I use the latest Volto to power my mini-board, underneath a Pedaltrain Nano, and I can get 4 or 5 gigs out of it. That Nomad board looks really cool.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

The beauty about the Nomad is that everything is within the pedalboard frame itself. There's no power supply box and no battery box hanging under.

Comment

Last week I bought my first Seymour Duncan pedal: Vapor Trail

I need to make review about it when I have time to focus. Right now I just say the wet fx-loop function is brilliant, and now I have problem, because the pedal I want in that loop doesn't fit the board...

EDIT: I would have posted a picture for a mental tetris, but I don't have one right now...
                        Last edited by Jacew; 02-07-2020, 09:21 AM.
                        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post

I need to make review about it when I have time to focus. Right now I just say the wet fx-loop function is brilliant, and now I have problem, because the pedal I want in that loop doesn't fit the board...

EDIT: I would have posted a picture for a mental tetris, but I don't have one right now...
                          I really, REALLY hope SD eventually releases a v2 of that with a tap tempo switch. You can get both of those features in the DOD rubber neck, but the build quality of that pedal is iffy at best.
                          1973 Aria 551
                          1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

im curious how they work the analog delay with tap tempo. duncan did it on the deja vu but i dont believe the signal path was 100% analog (as opposed to the analogman ardx)

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                              im curious how they work the analog delay with tap tempo. duncan did it on the deja vu but i dont believe the signal path was 100% analog (as opposed to the analogman ardx)
                              Wasn't that a digital delay?

Yeah, I'm curious myself. MXR, Chase Bliss and Stone Deaf have similar offerings. No idea how they do it.
                              1973 Aria 551
                              1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post

I’ve got a few Duncan pedals now.
                                Silver Lake, Andromeda, 805 and the Vise Grip....all of them are outstanding pedals.

Comment

Working...
                                X