banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post

Pitchblack, Fuzz Rite clone, BB PReamp, '74 RI Phase 90, CE-2, BF-2, DD-3, Multistomp (presently doing slapback duty). Voodoo PP2+ under the deck.
    Nice board! How are you attaching your pedals to the case, is it Velcro or are you screwing the pedals to the chassis. Can you link to the case? Also how would I fit a Wah on to there? (Building my first board [emoji3])
    Consider this ... a $200 cheapo guitar through a $5,000 MESA amp sounds pretty darn good and a competent guitarist could certainly play a gig with this rig.

However, a $5,000 Gibson guitar through a $200 practice amp sounds like ... well ... a $200 practice amp.

Comment

Two out of each pedal's four backplate screws have been replaced with longer screws and a washer, running through the holes in the deck. The case is something I had a sound company guy custom build for me 30 years ago. It's just a 12" x 18" x 6" case made out of typical roadcase extrusions and ABS-covered plywood.
      Last edited by Rich_S; 08-30-2015, 03:23 PM.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

And now.... Rich's Pedalboard, Version Infinity+1

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
          For your dining and dancing pleasure:

IMHO...I think its time you invest in an effecsts looper pedal lol....too many switches to turn on and off in a given time lol....
          sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
            Personally, I mainly use a modeling processor since they are somewhat cheaper (well, the one I have was anyway). I have a Fender Mustang Floor and a Digitech RP350. I started this thread to see what other guitarists alike had on a board to where I could start to build my own board in the future.
            I do the same, but with a POD HD400, a Digitech RPx400, a compressor, and a boost. The thing that sucks is setting it up and tearing it down... pedal boards just aren't made to hold multi-effects processors. I started thinking that maybe I could come up with a way to make one, but my skills at building/finishing things are pretty weak (ie: lousy).

I was at work a couple of weeks ago and got the idea that I could modify a small pallet to meet my needs, and this is what I came up with:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Bri's Pedalboard 01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	5789020

And here it is with my pedals:

Name:	Bri's Pedalboard 02.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	5789021

The great thing (for me) is that, since it looks like a pallet, nobody notices that it has uneven cuts and rough edges... it's supposed to be ugly! I strapped them all down with some zip ties and now, instead of it being in pieces and having to spend time putting it together, I can just carry it with the handle inside the back, plug in the power, run a line to the amp, plug in the guitar and I'm ready!
            Originally posted by The Commodores?
            "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
              I do the same, but with a POD HD400, a Digitech RPx400, a compressor, and a boost. The thing that sucks is setting it up and tearing it down... pedal boards just aren't made to hold multi-effects processors. I started thinking that maybe I could come up with a way to make one, but my skills at building/finishing things are pretty weak (ie: lousy).

I was at work a couple of weeks ago and got the idea that I could modify a small pallet to meet my needs, and this is what I came up with:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]67940[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67941[/ATTACH]

The great thing (for me) is that, since it looks like a pallet, nobody notices that it has uneven cuts and rough edges... it's supposed to be ugly! I strapped them all down with some zip ties and now, instead of it being in pieces and having to spend time putting it together, I can just carry it with the handle inside the back, plug in the power, run a line to the amp, plug in the guitar and I'm ready!
              I am actually building a board out of a pallet as well as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67940[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67941[/ATTACH]

Im better at drawing them out on paper than I am on building them too....Youre not the only one lol...

Comment

Main board

Mini board

Comment

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446379880631.jpg
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	5789030

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
                    Using Tapatalk

Comment

And now.... Rich's Pedalboard, Version Infinity+2, in which the totally awesome Dyna Comp replaces the DIY Fuzzrite clone.

Also, Rich's Other Pedalboard, Version 1, for playing surf/instro music at home for fun.

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                      Rich Stevens

Comment

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
                          Is that two different wah pedals? Or is the Fulltone something else?
                          Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                          Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                          Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                          Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                          Line 6 Helix
                          Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Name:	10955331_10207070558635892_6927747983764618124_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	5789032
                            Originally posted by jeremy
                            God hates bad guitar tone
                            GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                            AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                            EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                            Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Name:	IMG_20150928_211023395.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	5789033
                              Not entirely sure if I want to keep it. I like it, but........
                              Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
                                Is that two different wah pedals? Or is the Fulltone something else?
                                Deja'Vibe
                                || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                                X