banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    My wife is supportive. She bought me my SG before we were married and my B. C. Rich last year. She has also ponied up for effects, cases and amps. However she has no desire to know the geek side of all of this. I think she was mostly interested in the EVH 90 because she bought me mine for my birthday a few years back. .
    Understood! There are times when my wife's eyes kind of glaze over when I explain the difference between boost, overdrive, distortion, and full-on crunch....

Comment

Originally posted by El Supremo View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]65882[/ATTACH]

My current board. Basically, the dirt/boost section is the only part that is variable although I'm thinking about adding a phaser (which means dropping something else).
      Got any clips or videos? I bet I'd really like what you do with that board. Two tape delays, a reverb and looper... Is the treadle a wah or volume?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Got any clips or videos? I bet I'd really like what you do with that board. Two tape delays, a reverb and looper... Is the treadle a wah or volume?
        The treadle is an RMC3, as kindly recommended by several forumites (including you actually, so thanks again ). No clips as of yet, but I might try to set something up once I get the hang of the looper.
        Last edited by El Supremo; 08-12-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Wow! So many cool boards. Mine looks downright Neanderthal in comparison...plywood atop two pieces of 2x4, kept safe in an old tweed suitcase that I lacquered. I'll have to get a pic.
          As far as pedals: Vox 847 wah->strobe tuner->Boss DS-1->Catalinbread CB30->Boss DD3. All powered by a Pedal Power 2.
          I have a KMD Super Flanger too, but I'm not sure if/where I'll put it in the chain.

Comment

Here's mine so far: Vox Satchurator, ProCo Solo, ProCo Rat, MXR Analog Chorus, Suhr Shiba Drive, Suhr Riot, Mad Professor Stone Grey Distortion, Mad Professor Golden Cello, Ernie Ball VP Jr.

The powered board is an old Boss, it can't power the two ProCo pedals because of the input/daisy chain for the pedal board won't fit the ProCo pedals. Looking at getting a custom board made that will accommodate all of them and that I can power the Rat and Solo...those are just awesome pedals that need to be used. lol

I mainly use these in pairs for rhythm and lead: Rat and Solo, Shiba and Riot, Golden Cello and Stone Grey. The Satchurator sounds amazing but doesn't really get used. The Chorus doesn't get used a whole lot either but I love it when it is on.

Comment

Originally posted by El Supremo View Post
              The treadle is an RMC3, as kindly recommended by several forumites (including you actually, so thanks again ). No clips as of yet, but I might try to set something up once I get the hang of the looper.
              Ah excellent! Looks fun!
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
                For your dining and dancing pleasure:

Wow! The dirt, the whole dirt and nothing but the dirt!

If I may ask, what amp are you running through? Or are you just prepared for any backline you might encounter?

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

For your dining and dancing pleasure:

Liam bring your board over my place. I want to see if we knock out the power in the neighborhood if we turn on both our boards at the same time.

Comment

Understood! There are times when my wife's eyes kind of glaze over when I explain the difference between boost, overdrive, distortion, and full-on crunch....
                    Mine just walks away???
                    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by GAS-a-holic View Post
                      Wow! The dirt, the whole dirt and nothing but the dirt!

If I may ask, what amp are you running through? Or are you just prepared for any backline you might encounter?

Thanks for sharing!
                      OK, let's start with the Soul Food, just the mildest OD setting you can imagine, to give it a little grit, the Maxon is your typical OD-808, 70's arena rock overdrive, typical midrange "hump", the BOSS Distortion is set to a Van Halen-ish setting, just in case a "screamer" is required. The Digitech Screaming Blues was recommended to me by a friend, Mark Anderson, the guitarist in Boston's own Fat City Band, great OD with bass control. Keeley modded Blues driver for just about everything I play, OCD for drive to crunch, same with the Wampler Plextortion. Certain pedals seem to handle a crunch setting for certain songs better, so I like to leave my options open.
                      Oh yeah, the EQ pedal, setting is to emulate the Hollies "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress", one of my ultimate favorite tunes....

Oh, the amps? Marshall DSL-100, Mesa Boogie F100, Fender Blues Junior Reissue, and a Fender Twin, and a Vox AC30...
                      Last edited by Liam1963; 08-17-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Liam bring your board over my place. I want to see if we knock out the power in the neighborhood if we turn on both our boards at the same time.
                        Wanna take Boston by storm? Yeah, that could be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
                          Mine just walks away???
                          ...and that's a bad thing???

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
                            Mine just walks away???
                            ...and that's a bad thing???
                            Not if she walks back with a beer.

Comment

The latest board. Gonna be like this for a long while. Gonna be too poor to make any changes.

Comment

Not if she walks back with a beer.
                                AMEN!

Comment

Working...
                                X