banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    How do you like the GR-33?
    I love it, I have had it for years, bought it new. My GK2 pickup bit the dust recently, a blessing in disguise. The GK3 pickup has better tracking and sensitivity. The Roland has a great library of patches, some dated but most useable. My preferred midi setup is my Parker Midifly through my Kurzweil but the Roland does horns, woodwinds and pretty much everything you could want. You can't see it but I run the GR-33 through a powered JBL speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      The flavor of the week

Ibanez CS-9. Best chorus known to man. I'm rebuilding my pedal arsenal since moving back to tubes and away from modelling amps. Found one almost new condition for a great price.
      -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
        Ibanez CS-9. Best chorus known to man. I'm rebuilding my pedal arsenal since moving back to tubes and away from modelling amps. Found one almost new condition for a great price.
        It is so versatile I get a lot of flangy settings with it. I use the CS9 and the Carbon Copy for our VH stuff.

Comment

No board these days. A crybaby, overdrive and amp footswitch. The pedals run on battery so it takes me no time to set up. This forces me to keep it simple. I've gone the large and small board route. If I do affix these to something, I will make sure I can access the crybaby's battery compartment easily from the bottom without having to take it off. Depending on the overdrive (Soul Food vs. OD-3), I'll have to pull it or I won't.

Comment

My new pedal board. Custom cut 1/4" plywood. Just for the Keeley pedals.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Custom cut....lmao

Comment

I changed up my Pedaltrain Mini board this past week since I already had 4 other DOD vintage reissues in my collection (2013/2014 gifts thanks Tom Cram/Spiral Electric FX, formerly of DigiTech) and I just bought myself the Optical compressor which I like better than OTA based compressors. It has less noise combined with the gold 250 so I removed my Boss NS-2. It's a DOD Invasion!!!!!

Last edited by Steve Mavronis; 12-24-2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Mavronis View Post
                  I changed up my Pedaltrain Mini board this past week since I already had 4 other DOD vintage reissues in my collection (2013/2014 gifts thanks Tom Cram/Spiral Electric FX, formerly of DigiTech) and I just bought myself the Optical compressor which I like better than OTA based compressors. It has less noise combined with the gold 250 so I removed my Boss NS-2. It's a DOD Invasion!!!!!

I always wanted one of their Envelope Filters. Never got around to buying one, though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  -Greg

Guitars:
                  2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                  2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                  2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                  Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Merry Christmas to all! It’s NPD x2 for me today with the Rams Head Muff RI and the 5150 overdrive. Loving these (and my awesome wife).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by Rockstar216
                    Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Not really a pedalboard, but related.

I actually use a Headrush Pedalboard and figured out that the best way for me to use my EHX C9 Organ Machine and Synth9 in the loop is to have the raw signal coming into them instead of having any other effects involved, but I also wanted the ability to place the loop block anywhere I wanted to in the chain. I accomplished it by incorporating my little Alesis mixer, which now gives me complete control over levels of each effect along with the ability to compensate for different guitar output levels.

But it didn’t fit in my pedalboard case. Also, while the C9 and Synth9 are really cool and versatile, changing settings meant bending down to my board every time which isn’t very convenient, so...

I found this old case in a storage area at work covered by about an inch of dust.

It’s got hard plastic sides and even had boards inside with material that Velcro will stick to on one side. Perfect! Now I can put my mixer and the two EHX pedals on a stand where I can make adjustments on the fly and just punch the loop button on my HR when I want them on. I also incorporated my wireless, my power supply, and my battery charger. And the blue lights from the power supply even light up the mixer and pedals!

Since it’s Christmas today and nothing is open, I still need to put in Velcro to hold the boards in the top and bottom of the case itself and also I’m going to pick up some clips to keep the wires in place, but I’m pretty psyched about this thing. Now all I need to do to pack up is disconnect two cables going down to the HR, unplug the power, and wind the cord up inside the case and I’m on the road!

Originally posted by The Commodores?
                      "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Bri I freaking love it.

Comment

I really tried to make the Univibe work for me, but I ended up trying to fake the sound of a script Phase 90 about 95% of the time. I also really missed the volume pedal on the input of my old board; I got too used to riding the volume with my foot instead of messing with the guitar controls. The problem was that I didn't have any more power supply outputs for the Phase 90, so something had to give. It turns out that my buddy's shop getting a Strymon Flint was exactly what I needed. In a bit of a cruel trick of fate I ended up daisy-chaining the switcher LEDs off of the tuner while re-wiring, so now I actually have an empty output on the power supply.

Pedal board v5:

The board is a Holeyboard Evolution Wide; power courtesy of a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Mondo.
                          Signal flow is set up to mimic a two-amp rig I had briefly in the mid 2000s.

Guitar -> EB Volume -> Wah -> EVH Phase 90 -> Loop-Master Clean/Dirty/Channel Switcher™ w/Combinable Loops & Tuner Out
                          Clean: MIJ CS-3 -> GT-500 -> CE-2 -> Flint
                          Dirty: Tumnus -> UFO (fuzz / octave) -> Micro Flanger -> MIJ DD-3 (~300ms)
                          Tuner: Korg Pitchblack Portable

The signal and switch outputs from the Loopmaster go to a junction box hidden under the left end of the riser.

Original NPBD here, while v2 is here, v3 is here, and v4 is here.
                          Last edited by dystrust; 12-29-2019, 09:47 PM.
                          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

FInally dragged mine home from the rehearsal spot. I have to velcro a bunch of pedals and do some serious cable management. Got to get this functional again.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              FInally dragged mine home from the rehearsal spot. I have to velcro a bunch of pedals and do some serious cable management. Got to get this functional again.
                              Cable management is bittersweet The initial setup is fun and exciting, but maintenance absolutely sucks!

Originally posted by The Commodores?
                              "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
                                Cable management is bittersweet The initial setup is fun and exciting, but maintenance absolutely sucks!

You put so much effort in, then a couple changes and it’s a rats nest again. Entropy at its finest.
                                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X