banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

This is my bass rig. Bamboo chopping board velcroed up on one side, with rubber feet on the other. Tuner, and DIY bass pedal with compressor, fuzz, and NE-1 bass preamp (all on vero) with balanced XLR and mono 1/4 outputs. All powered by a Joyo JMP-01 pedal battery thing.
    Attached Files
    Formerly known as Willybomb...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pedalboard-sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	5789835

In the middle of building this one...routing power now, then will tackle patch cables.

Comment

Originally posted by HighDeaf1080p View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]69662[/ATTACH]

In the middle of building this one...routing power now, then will tackle patch cables.
        I like the Temple Audio boards but mounting a power supply sucks. It either takes up a ton of real estate up top, or, if you fit one underneath, you lose access to the thumbscrews for the plates for pedals sitting over the power supply. You have to pull the supply to get access. Not a big deal if you get an oversized board, or if you have your pedal chain all set and don't fiddle with it much or you daisy chain a one spot. But for mounting the isolated supplies, they'd probably have to make the boards a little taller to give some clearance between a supply mounted underneath and the thumbscrew, but if they did that and came up with a fast on-off mounting system for underneath mounted power supplies so you could get to the thumbscrews and move pedals quick, I think they'd have the perfect board.

Anyway. Cool board.
        Last edited by Darg1911; 01-20-2016, 08:48 AM.

Comment

God, I couldn't agree more...first thing I did was remove the center brace underneath and feed that tripp-lite in there, and it became immediately apparent that I couldn't mount any pedals anywhere in the location that the power strip sat. Not only could you not get to the thumb screws...but there wasn't physical room for the thumb screws even if you didn't need to access them. I was considering a smaller option for power, that may give me room for the thumb screws all over...and will probably have to go to that in the future when I go to a loop switcher for the pedals up top, because it will take up the physical space where the giant power strip is now...but its hard to find a power option that will power all the items I need. The thing that's not in that picture up there that needs powered is an Electro-Harmonix Bi-filter, which requres 18VAC - 1000mA. That Pigtronix Envelope Phaser requires 12VAC - 833mA, which is a problem too...I really feel a power strip is the best option for the particular mix of pedals I have, but the Temple Audio board just doesn't accommodate that option very gracefully. Especially after you factor in all the wall-warts that will be stuck to it.

Up on top like that was the best, cleanest option I could come up with for now. Good thing about the temple audio board, is how easy it is to let it evolve as you change things around. We will see how it goes. Here's a picture of the whole rig I'm powering...

Name:	FB_IMG_1453305463310.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	5789836
          Last edited by HighDeaf1080p; 01-20-2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
            I think you should be a Spokesperson for Mad Professor with all them pedals lol.
            Ha! Man I just really dig them!

I am currently minus the "1" Pedal, just wasn't getting used but it gets a killer Brown Tone.

But you now know why I love the Golden Cello so much!

Comment

My updated board

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453312647969.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	5789841

Comment

My current pedal board ...

Still trying to get used to the SD-1, though.

-Greg

Guitars:
                2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

This is current my grab n' go pedalboard. Fits smartly in a pedalboard gigbag.;

Chorus/Rotating Speaker, Octave/Harmonizer, Tuner, Fuzz, Overdrive, Delay
                  Last edited by MetalManiac; 01-22-2016, 07:34 PM.
                  "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Current pedalboard, I'm still kind of working out the layout and waiting for my power brick mounting kit and some slightly better cables before I stick it all down.
                    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                    Andrew - None

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post

Current pedalboard, I'm still kind of working out the layout and waiting for my power brick mounting kit and some slightly better cables before I stick it all down.
                      Novo 18 (or is it a 24). I'm not a big pedal guy but I have the 18.
                      How is that Iso Brick working out? I posted a question/comment about them a while back. Good price for the capacity assuming that it's quiet and durable. Especially though, I like the small size. Not a huge fan of the wall wart type supply to the brick but if I was still using my Temple Audio board, I would consider one.

Comment

This is just one of the latest pedal board setups that I am using...
                        Attached Files
                        Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                        When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                        Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                        Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                        Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Here is an older one!

But not exactly a pedal board since it is a G-Major and 11 Rack setup...
                          Attached Files
                          Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                          When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                          Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                          Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                          Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                            Novo 18 (or is it a 24). I'm not a big pedal guy but I have the 18.
                            How is that Iso Brick working out? I posted a question/comment about them a while back. Good price for the capacity assuming that it's quiet and durable. Especially though, I like the small size. Not a huge fan of the wall wart type supply to the brick but if I was still using my Temple Audio board, I would consider one.
                            Yeah it is the Novo 18, it just worked better with the two micro pedals I have, and pedals seem to sit on it a bit tighter, I like it! The ISO brick is great, it runs my board completely silently. My only small complaint is that I wish the variable power settings weren't there, and just replaced with regular 9v ones. Other than that, it's fantastic.
                            Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                            I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                            Andrew - None

Comment

WILLYBOMB, where did you get that wide velcro? All I can find is thin strips at home depot..

Treyhaislip, Does that 1 pedal deliver the goods on the brown tone? Ive tried a few "brown" pedals and have yet to find one that really nails it..

Highdeaf1080p, I was about to say what a nice looking board... But looks dont overcome the functional shortcomings.. thats a bummer...
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I didnt realize I hadn't posted my board since I revamped it. Here is the current version:

the wah "shelf" pushes in for storage and transport. Here is pushed in:

Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                                X