banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
    How does the Decimator work for you? I had the same for a while, but never got it to work. When set so it actually reduces any hiss it also cut guitar sound so badly it was unusable.
    The G-string version can cut noise both from the preamp (run through the loop) and in front. You hook it up with the 4 cable method and it actually works pretty damn good.
    If you set it so you have complete silence it can affect the guitar signal. I have mine set to gate the bulk of the noise. On stage a small amount of noise won’t be audible. Plus you can still turn the guitar volume knob down for dynamics etc.

Comment

Comment

Added a Mesa throttle box today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190603_111647973~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	5814411
        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I know most people are keeping their boards flexible and ever changing, but every time you savages post your boards and bags with loose or tangled wires and non- perfectly perpendicular alignment, my ADD wants to get on a plane, come to your house and rebuild it for you with everything strapped and hot glued into a perfect harmonized board of predictability and rockness....

It's a character flaw, I'm working on it.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            I know most people are keeping their boards flexible and ever changing, but every time you savages post your boards and bags with loose or tangled wires and non- perfectly perpendicular alignment, my ADD wants to get on a plane, come to your house and rebuild it for you with everything strapped and hot glued into a perfect harmonized board of predictability and rockness....

Come on over then...

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
              Come on over then...
              I will see you in Providence, my friend! I'm playing up there in a few months.

Also buying tix to David Byrnes Utopia on broadway hopefully on a similar NE trip -that's on the must do list.

Saw Bryan Cranston redo "Network" last year in NYC -did not disappoint.

I'll bring my toolkit and will make some artwork out of your board!
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I will see you in Providence, my friend! I'm playing up there in a few months.

Also buying tix to David Byrnes Utopia on broadway hopefully on a similar NE trip -that's on the must do list.

Saw Bryan Cranston redo "Network" last year in NYC -did not disappoint.

I'll bring my toolkit and will make some artwork out of your board!
                Dude...make SURE you let me know ahead of time. I’m gonna come out and see you.
                Do you know what venue you’ll be at?

Comment

Dude...make SURE you let me know ahead of time. I’m gonna come out and see you.
                  Do you know what venue you’ll be at?
                  not sure. Playing Philly, NYC and Boston for sure -not sure if Providence or Hartford is the in betweener yet.

Comment

not sure. Playing Philly, NYC and Boston for sure -not sure if Providence or Hartford is the in betweener yet.
                    Let me know when you know. Boston is only 45 min away (with no traffic)

Comment

Here’s what you’ll be working with

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
                        Those are Belden 9463, designed for Allen-Bradley's industrial automation networks, RIO and DH+. Out in industry, they just call it "blue hose".
                        Back in the 70s all my patch chords were made from blue Belden cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
                          What do people use nowadays?
                          I use a Marshall Code 100 amp, which has a lot of the effects I use, but I still have a Vox wah, Whammy, EHX Microsynth, and a distortion pedal in front of the amp. Each of those is mostly for solos. I have yet to mount them on a board. Lol.

But I watch rig rundowns and some people have huge pedal boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update to my board as it seems to keep changing no matter how much I love my sound

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                            It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                            Originally posted by LesStrat
                            Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
                              Update to my board as it seems to keep changing no matter how much I love my sound

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                              This guy is a man after my rock and roll heart

Organization, Access, cleanliness, reliability.

Cable knot savages take note.

Comment

The G-string version can cut noise both from the preamp (run through the loop) and in front. You hook it up with the 4 cable method and it actually works pretty damn good.
                                If you set it so you have complete silence it can affect the guitar signal. I have mine set to gate the bulk of the noise. On stage a small amount of noise won’t be audible. Plus you can still turn the guitar volume knob down for dynamics etc.
                                But isn't that the v1 version you just put last in your chain? Not G-string.

I had the Decimator 2 which is basically same, but also has link for second gate. It cut my notes short quicker than reduced any noise.
                                "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                                Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                                X