banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
    FINALLY got my board finished. Thanks to everyone who posted pictures of their board. It helped making some of the decisions for my board.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]70027[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]70028[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]70029[/ATTACH]
    Wow! I knew David Hasselhoff was big in Germany as a singer, but didnt know he had a sig pedal. HOF.. haha

Cool board! nice wire routing...
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

• Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Edit: Board in progress... Will post updated shot
      Last edited by YeRedHouseOverYonder; 08-02-2016, 05:47 PM. Reason: Sold some of these

Comment

Originally posted by That90'sGuy View Post
        Mulder Audio cables
        Did Fox Mulder from the X Files start making audio cables?
        Gear
        Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
        Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
        Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
        Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
        Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
        Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
          Did Fox Mulder from the X Files start making audio cables?
          Well, they are out of this world!
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Well, they are out of this world!
            Lol. I'm sure Scully has her own rig.
            Gear
            Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
            Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
            Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
            Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
            Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
            Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

Originally posted by cvansickle View Post
              That is cool how the tuner is "integrated" into that ..
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Long overdue posting this one:

Loving the 3M Dual Lock. I should have bought that stuff years ago.

Signal is pretty simple, but I dig it (my amps have reverb and trem so I don't need much):

Front Loop -> LD-1 Buffer -> Mesa Flux Five -> ST200 Tuner
                FX Loop -> Cornish CC-1 -> Maxon AD999 -> Boomerang III

The FX router I built (details in another thread) combines the 2 loops when not using an FX loop automatically without having to re-patch anything.

The Mulder Audio cables and Cornish buffering really keeps things punchy and clear even with decently long instrument cables (15').
                Thats a great idea labeling the inputs on the power supply . I wish Id have done that. I had to redo one of mine and it was a nightmare trying to figure which cable went to which pedal. Especially cuz I have those plastic sheaths (cant think of the proper name right now) that have the split in the side and you put all the wires inside them.. Anyhow, was alot of work to try to figure which was which.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by johnthomas View Post
                  Just set up a simple pedaltrain classic. TC polytune, Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone, Ibanez TLWd7 wah, Tech 21 Flyrig, Joyo tremolo....TRex Fueltank Chameleon power...****ty temp connector cables

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                    Thats a great idea labeling the inputs on the power supply . I wish Id have done that. I had to redo one of mine and it was a nightmare trying to figure which cable went to which pedal. Especially cuz I have those plastic sheaths (cant think of the proper name right now) that have the split in the side and you put all the wires inside them.. Anyhow, was alot of work to try to figure which was which.
                    I did too! I bolted my Pedal Power 4x4 on, then thought "how the heck do I know which output is which?"

Mine is less refined, duct tape and sharpie....
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HighDeaf1080p View Post
                        Nice! Could I bother you for a signal chain and a brief rundown of how you use the Superego?
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                          Nice! Could I bother you for a signal chain and a brief rundown of how you use the Superego?
                          No problem...

To front end my amp:

Guitar > Electro Harmonix Bi-Filter (not pictured because its a rack unit) > Analogman Beano Boost > Analogman Juicer > Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge > Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude > Analogman King of Tone > Analogman AstroTone > Fairfield Circuitry Four Eyes > Amp.

Then in the amp's Effects loop is the bottom row:

Pladask Electrisk Romferd > Alexander F.13 > Earthquaker Devices Arpanoid > VFE Tractor Beam > Electro Harmonix Superego > Pigtronix Echolution > Caroline Guitar Co. Meteore

Outside this chain: Electro Harmonix 720 Looper, Electro Harmonix Silencer, Digitech Trio, Pigtronix Dual Expression Pedal, Electro Harmonix 8-Step Program, Fairfield Circuitry Operator?!

I have typically used the superego in latch mode just capturing chords at each chord change, then soloing over it...but I have some patch chords for putting any pedal on the board into the effects loop of the superego to effect the wet signal of that pedal. Phaser, flanger, arpeggiator, delay, reverb, ring modulator are all good options. I then just bypass the standard chain over whichever pedal(s) i chose with another longer patch cord. The superego can also go into the effects loop of the bi-filter, or Meet Maude, but the results have so far been underwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                            That is cool how the tuner is "integrated" into that ..
                            The black box between the Banshee and the wireless is an A/B box of my own design. I used to make and sell them online by the name of Pedalboard Junction. The switch sends the signal to the tuner with no output, so tuning is silent. The rest of the signal chain flows like this, left to right:

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by HighDeaf1080p View Post
                              No problem...

To front end my amp:

Guitar > Electro Harmonix Bi-Filter (not pictured because its a rack unit) > Analogman Beano Boost > Analogman Juicer > Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge > Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude > Analogman King of Tone > Analogman AstroTone > Fairfield Circuitry Four Eyes > Amp.

Then in the amp's Effects loop is the bottom row:

Pladask Electrisk Romferd > Alexander F.13 > Earthquaker Devices Arpanoid > VFE Tractor Beam > Electro Harmonix Superego > Pigtronix Echolution > Caroline Guitar Co. Meteore

Outside this chain: Electro Harmonix 720 Looper, Electro Harmonix Silencer, Digitech Trio, Pigtronix Dual Expression Pedal, Electro Harmonix 8-Step Program, Fairfield Circuitry Operator?!

I have typically used the superego in latch mode just capturing chords at each chord change, then soloing over it...but I have some patch chords for putting any pedal on the board into the effects loop of the superego to effect the wet signal of that pedal. Phaser, flanger, arpeggiator, delay, reverb, ring modulator are all good options. I then just bypass the standard chain over whichever pedal(s) i chose with another longer patch cord. The superego can also go into the effects loop of the bi-filter, or Meet Maude, but the results have so far been underwhelming.
                              Very cool, thanks for the explanation and write up!
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Since this thread is still going - here's an update:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	5792261

Comment

Working...
                                X