banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Slight shuffle...

Comment

Major pedalboard shakeup. Hope I'm done for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by CapoFirstFret; 10-05-2018, 01:01 PM.
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
        Major pedalboard shakeup. Hope I'm done for a long time.

Nice board!
        What cabling are you using? Is it the solder-less type? I’ve never had any luck with that type but I like how low profile the plugs are.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
          Nice board!
          What cabling are you using? Is it the solder-less type? I’ve never had any luck with that type but I like how low profile the plugs are.

Yeah, I'm using the new Boss solderless cables. I have a mixed review on them. The set screws for them are too long so if you tighten down real good, you burrow right through the cable and have to make it again. The grounding is sometimes finnicky too when making them. As long as you test every cable before you put it in place you should be fine. I'm waiting for some replacement cable from Boss to make a couple of the cables just a bit longer as I ran out of cable and in fixing a couple of the cables, they've gotten a little shorter than I'd like putting just a touch of tension on them. Tonewise and profile wise I'm very happy with them.
          It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
          Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
            Yeah, I'm using the new Boss solderless cables. I have a mixed review on them. The set screws for them are too long so if you tighten down real good, you burrow right through the cable and have to make it again. The grounding is sometimes finnicky too when making them. As long as you test every cable before you put it in place you should be fine. I'm waiting for some replacement cable from Boss to make a couple of the cables just a bit longer as I ran out of cable and in fixing a couple of the cables, they've gotten a little shorter than I'd like putting just a touch of tension on them. Tonewise and profile wise I'm very happy with them.
            I tried some solderless wa hike back and had a bad experience.
            I recently rebuilt my board as well but went with some Lake Cable and a mix of straight 1/4” and pancake plugs. It’s not nearly as neat looking as your board but I’m 100% confident in the cables I made for it. ( So far!!! Ha!)

I’ve swapped out the Caveman drive for a Duncan 805 since this pic was taken.
            I’m actually contemplating swapping in a DigiTech drop. Even though I hate that pedal, it might be necessary for the cover band.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
              I tried some solderless wa hike back and had a bad experience.
              I recently rebuilt my board as well but went with some Lake Cable and a mix of straight 1/4” and pancake plugs. It’s not nearly as neat looking as your board but I’m 100% confident in the cables I made for it. ( So far!!! Ha!)

I’ve swapped out the Caveman drive for a Duncan 805 since this pic was taken.
              I’m actually contemplating swapping in a DigiTech drop. Even though I hate that pedal, it might be necessary for the cover band.
              I'd say I'm 95% confident in my cables. I do have the one that is just a touch shorter than I'd like that I'll be replacing when I get a little more cable.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F843014D-8E02-460F-983E-5FB3363BBFE6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	5809549

Very simple board I redid, and loving the bd2 and 108 fuzz combined. Guitar - Wah - Tuner - Fuzz - Overdrive - Boost - Delay - Buffer.

Comment

. . .

Name:	greg thunderverb.jpg
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	5809596
                  Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                    . . .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92415[/ATTACH]
                    Nice pedalboard [emoji52]

Comment

This running into

I have the wireless and nova drive in front of the amp, with the nova system in the loop and the sonic maximizer at the end of the return. I built a cable snake between them and the signal cables are all balanced including the bbe. The carvin has a balanced send and return as well so very low noise. The nova system handles midi for amp channels and the nova drive.

This will soon just be my practice amp once I get the G system set up all programmed.

Comment

Carvin V3 steals the show...
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

It turns out I was wrong about being done with my board, shocking I know.

My bro and I were playing through it a few weeks ago and he commented that he almost couldn't tell that the DD-2 was on. After trying a few other settings I came to agree and removed the DD-2 since it's in better condition than my long-chip DD-3. I've also been wanting some additional modulation options for my 'dirty' loop, so this new vacancy was perfect for an MXR Micro Flanger. I have the DD-3 set for a sort of EVH Echoplex sound, and it's just lo-fi enough to pull it off.

Pedal board V3:

The board is a Holeyboard Evolution Wide; power courtesy of a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Mondo.
                          Signal flow is set up to mimic a two-amp rig I had briefly in the mid 2000s.

Guitar -> vibe -> wah -> switcher (clean / dirty / tuner loops)
                          Clean: MIJ CS-3 -> GT-500 -> CE-2 -> FRV-1 -> TR-2
                          Dirty: Tumnus -> UFO (fuzz / octave) -> Micro Flanger -> MIJ DD-3 (~400ms)
                          Tuner: Korg Pitchblack

Original NPBD here, while V2 is here.
                          Last edited by dystrust; 09-15-2018, 05:59 PM. Reason: Fixing image issue
                          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Running both amps clean at the moment. Signal goes from guitar to Radial ABY, A to group one of the switcher (SP Comp, Klone, Euphoria); B to group two (Bluesbreaker clone, Lovepedal Jubilee, Hermida EPH-3 echoplex simulator). The TC Electronics Dreamscape is wired in stereo with on set of input/output going to A, the second to B. From Group 1 the signal goes to a Marshall DSL40C and Group 2 goes to my Wangs OD-30.

Name:	IMG_0935.jpg
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	5809734

Name:	IMG_0936.jpg
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	5809735

Comment

Went a bit more mass production. Swapped out the Tumnus for a Sugar Drive (not sure it will stay) and the Hoof for an EHX Triangle BM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Name:	Fotor_153643403710455.jpg
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	5809964 main tone is an amptweaker tightmetal pro (with the 1st instance of the resonance/presence mod!) Into a quilter toneblock201.
                                Amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X