banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by SteveAlysis View Post
    The latest board. Gonna be like this for a long while. Gonna be too poor to make any changes.
    Nice. Been thinking about getting the Crimson Drive for some time now. Do you use into a dirty channel or clean? And do you use the Hoof into it (or vice versa) at times?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	11853863_10204018779584038_1870166748_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	5788320

this is my current board!
      Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Amps: Marshall 1959slp & Peavey 5150 (Block Letter)

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
        WOW! My wife bought me the Pedaltrain pedalboard AND its road case for our anniversary....She likes the noises that come out of the studio...
        OOOOOOO What a Lucky Man, he was....... Seriously, congrats!! My wife is even worse than Securb's. She thinks its all a waste of money and clutter in her house...

only musical gear my wife has ever bought me, was a samick bass back when we were first married and she cared about pleasing me.. Since then, whenever things are tight, "you need to sell that or pawn that"..

Back on topic, I recently aquired a couple of new pedals that will be replacing a couple on my board. need to get it done and then get a pic up of my ghetto rig..
        Last edited by BloodRose; 08-22-2015, 01:47 PM.
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post

Pitchblack, Fuzz Rite clone, BB PReamp, '74 RI Phase 90, CE-2, BF-2, DD-3, Multistomp (presently doing slapback duty). Voodoo PP2+ under the deck.
          VEry nice! Uber tidy!
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
            Now that's a good use of a cutting board! You sir win the innovation award!
            Indeed!! I didnt even notice till you mentioned it SnakeAces... good eye! Now that I look at it further, Im curious to know how do you have it powered Erik? Interesting wiring!! That was my biggest obstacle.. My first board was a huge hand made case i built with top and bottom, a pull out deck.. I wanted durability so I used way too thick wood. Box with pedals was close to 80lbs. For power supply, I had a 12 or 24 outlet surge suppressor, separate adapters for each pedal and a wall wart for each. Of course Way too many pedals in it too.

My new board is small, has 2 tiers , approx 8 pedals. I got one spots instead but recently I got a proper power supply that I should be able mount under..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Revised. I just added the Whirlwind Orange Box. This is the best sounding phaser I have used. I got it for a song on eBay.

Last edited by ErikH; 08-24-2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
                Now that's a good use of a cutting board! You sir win the innovation award!
                I'm with bloodrose on his one. Good eye on that cutting board. Actually, it's not a bad idea in my book. May be somethin to look into doing when I get my pedal board built. I'm currently using a Fender Mustang Floor modeler and love it along with a TC spark mini booster.
                sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	5788342

Currently, this is what I'm using as my pedal board. I'm working on getting my actual pedals to where I can make a board. I've been using a modeler since I started playing. Just got a TC mini spark (not pictured) to boost signals to the sound board during worship services when it's needed.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
                    I'm with bloodrose on his one. Good eye on that cutting board. Actually, it's not a bad idea in my book. May be somethin to look into doing when I get my pedal board built. I'm currently using a Fender Mustang Floor modeler and love it along with a TC spark mini booster.
                    Thank you. I went through a lot of different ideas before going with that. I also have one I made out of a black shelf. Just added a handle on each side. It's much larger than the cutting board. No need to use it now since I have so few pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                      Thank you. I went through a lot of different ideas before going with that. I also have one I made out of a black shelf. Just added a handle on each side. It's much larger than the cutting board. No need to use it now since I have so few pedals.
                      Does the pedals try to fall off when you carry them? I see the velcro, but just my luck they would fall off and hit the floor when I picked it up...

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
                        Does the pedals try to fall off when you carry them? I see the velcro, but just my luck they would fall off and hit the floor when I picked it up...
                        Nope. I use the industrial strength stuff from Home Depot. It's strong enough to hold a Crybaby on there and it not fall off.

Comment

I always thought it would be fun to use pegboard cut to size with a handle, and zip ties to secure the pedals. That would pretty much only work with Boss though, all the TB switches popular now are too fragile to cart around unprotected.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

DejaVu

Last edited by beaubrummels; 08-27-2015, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
                              OK, let's start with the Soul Food, just the mildest OD setting you can imagine, to give it a little grit, the Maxon is your typical OD-808, 70's arena rock overdrive, typical midrange "hump", the BOSS Distortion is set to a Van Halen-ish setting, just in case a "screamer" is required. The Digitech Screaming Blues was recommended to me by a friend, Mark Anderson, the guitarist in Boston's own Fat City Band, great OD with bass control. Keeley modded Blues driver for just about everything I play, OCD for drive to crunch, same with the Wampler Plextortion. Certain pedals seem to handle a crunch setting for certain songs better, so I like to leave my options open.
                              Oh yeah, the EQ pedal, setting is to emulate the Hollies "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress", one of my ultimate favorite tunes....

Oh, the amps? Marshall DSL-100, Mesa Boogie F100, Fender Blues Junior Reissue, and a Fender Twin, and a Vox AC30...
                              So you are prepared for anything! A man after my own heart! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GAS-a-holic View Post
                                So you are prepared for anything! A man after my own heart! Thanks!
                                It's taken me over 30 years to amass all this gear, now, where's that great band looking for a guitarist?

Comment

Working...
                                X