I need advice on upgrading from line 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need advice on upgrading from line 6

Bit late to the party but EVH's are slightly less than a 6505+ head. Its the new version of the 5150 and you can get it in 50/100 watt versions. Look on Ebay as well, I got my 6505+ for almost half of the RRP in a good deal, brand new never gigged condition.

Comment

My Peavey XXX head was $330. I bought it used. GREAT amp. For that kind of money, I cannot think of a better amp for metal, honestly.

I'm sure you can find a Marshall 1960 for around $350-400 if you look hard enough.
      Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 08-02-2015, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethereal Dragon View Post
        Thanks for the help everyone I've decided to get a Laney ironheart 60 combo
        Excellent choice. Nice amp
        Jackson Soloist/EMG 81,85
        Ibanez Artist/GL Screamin Demon BR, Ibanez N
        Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul/EMG 81,85

Mostly Metal, Mostly Heavy, 35 years

Comment

Advice on upgrading from Line 6?

Upgrade from Line 6.

That is my advice.

Comment

I have the solution. Inside track dude. You or any guitarist beginner to pro. Head to American Musical Supply or Zzounds website online. Many of their metal amps have payment plans that fit your budget. So if you want a more expensive amp, you can find amazing deals. I'm not an employee there, but they are cool. You can get a line of credit. With some money save which is what I did, I'm buying nice equipment early and paying them per month. I do work, but I don't have to wait to save all the money. Some advice.

Comment

I had the POS XT Live unit a few years ago, and yeah, the Insane distortion was the only one I found useable. All the others were either too weak or needed serious post-processing, which wasn't an option on the unit. I had far more versatility from my ADA MP-1 and a Digitech TSR 12.

I do like the M13, though, but it does require a real amp to use with it.
              Originally posted by Brown Note
              I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
              My Blog

Comment

Working...
              X