banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which SD Forum member has the best clip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marinblues is great !!!

Jolly and Steve_R have nice tunes too

Peace Machine (Gomano) does a fine job too

VHoholic has a huge tone ...

in fact, the Tips & clips board is more and more instructive to me
    Pickups used :
    Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
    PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
    PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
    PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
    PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
    PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
    PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
    PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
    PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
    Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
    Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
    SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

As far as tone goes, I would also have to say VHaholic...he sounds like the second comming of EVH...amazing..I can't stop listening to the clips he posted over at plexi palace!

as far as tunes goes...I don't think I've listened to enough of them to give a good enough opinion...yet =D

I just hope that when I get my recordign set up, well, set up again that I get half of the positive feedback when I can post things up here!
      Splawn QR
      Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
      Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
      George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
      My Gear Pix
      My SPLAWN Clips
      My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

There are many great players in here. I have to say that this is probably one of the (if not the) most outstanding hide-out of excellent players. The only other place I can think of that can rival what we have here is the telecasterforum.

I don't want to pick a particular forumite to be the coolest. You guys all are. In terms of the music I like (and this is not about guitar playing abilities, but obviously there is some positive correlation) let's just say I don't miss any of JOLLY's, Robert_S's clips.

B
        FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

This place is full of people doing what they love to do...what more could one ask for??

Comment

Originally posted by wasteofo2

Speaking of which Stratman, you really need to post some more clips. Loose Blues was some of the best, most soulful playing I've ever heard and I really feel like I'm missing out on something by not being able to hear any more of your stuff.
            I will be posting real soon now...

You all will like the tone and monster riff that are being played!
            Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
            When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
            Red Devils - 1% all the way!
            Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
            Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Well.....I damn sure wouldn't say I have the best tone, but I sure do appreciate the compliments about my crappy writing skills. Thanks guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY
                Well.....I damn sure wouldn't say I have the best tone, but I sure do appreciate the compliments about my crappy writing skills. Thanks guys!!
                I think you have great crappy writing skills bro.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

It's very difficult to pick out just one clip 'cause I agree with those who stated that anyone who uploads their music to this forum deserves a round of applause for their efforts.
                  There's a few that stand out, but let's not forget Butch Snyder's "Butch's Jam" that was posted last year by the man himself. Great riffs, variety, and endurance for over 8 minutes of solid guitar-playing. The dude is a ROCKER!
                  Where is Butch? Anyone know?

Comment

Sadly that wasn't him and thats why he isn't here.
                    ]
                    FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by midnite_man
                      It's very difficult to pick out just one clip 'cause I agree with those who stated that anyone who uploads their music to this forum deserves a round of applause for their efforts.
                      There's a few that stand out, but let's not forget Butch Snyder's "Butch's Jam" that was posted last year by the man himself. Great riffs, variety, and endurance for over 8 minutes of solid guitar-playing. The dude is a ROCKER!
                      Where is Butch? Anyone know?
                      Guess you missed that one huh? BS are appropriate initials for the man.
                      My Bands -
                      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Wow, I didn't EVEN know that. I stand corrected. Who did that number, anyone ever find out? It's a great piece of musical work.
                        Man, I'm still shaking my head over that.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite_man
                          Wow, I didn't EVEN know that. I stand corrected. Who did that number, anyone ever find out? It's a great piece of musical work.
                          Man, I'm still shaking my head over that.
                          Bob..Come to think of it,I remember all the posts about Butch and his wife apologizing and saying that those tunes weren't actually from Butch but from his friend or something? Now I remember all the topic on that..

John
                          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

The song Butch posted as "Tele spanking" was by Jeff miller http://w3.iac.net/~jmiller/audio.htm It was the song "six string pileup" with a different solo.

The song Butch posted as "Butch Jam" was by greg koch, it's a straight ripoff called "spank it" http://www.gregkoch.com/discography/dg.shtml

I don't know if it was ever resolved who wrote the songs Butch presented as keeley, chop it up and the hardline

Comment

Gomano rocks and so does the guy who did the Dokken clip the other day. Hell, you all rock!

Tradition S-20, Tradition G-10, Jackson DKMG, Ibanez SRX 505 Bass, Laney MXD 120H head, Peavey 4x12 cab, Fender 4x12 cab, Boss GS-10, M-Audio Black Box, Boss Metal Zone, Boss DS-1, Boss SD-1, Boss CH-1, MXR Dyna Comp, MXR Zakk Wylde, MXR EVH Phase 90, MXR Double Shot Distortion, ProCo Rat, Other Boss stuff.

SD pickups tried or still in use: JB, Zebra C5, Zebra Jazz, JB Jr., Distortion, Lil '59, Invader, Live Wire Metal, and Custom.

Comment

one name i haven't seen here whose clips i enjoy would have to be stevo (steve_R). I really enjoy listening to everyone's clips, though, they're all awesome. I'd love to post, but i can't work up anything good enough... and i'm not good at writing my own stuff, either.....
                                '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
                                Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
                                '66 Fender Bassman
                                Fender Champion 600
                                Fender Stage 100

Comment

Working...
                                X