18 Volt Pedal(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 Volt Pedal(s)

What pedals have you tried at 18 volts? What pedals on your pedalboard are you running at 18 volts?

Re: 18 Volt Pedal(s)

I'm running the SL drive at 18v. They say it gives it more headroom, but honestly, I don't really hear it. What I do hear, though, is a bit more sparkle and bite on the high end. Think what you'd get from a "presence" knob more than a "treble" or "tone" knob.

In any case, the difference is subtle, but I like it.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Ran my ep booster @ 18v, when I had one. Definite improvement in tone. Agreed w/ St. G that I didnt notice any headroom issues but sounded bigger, bolder and clearer.

Run my Belle Epoch now at 18v. But I have not tried it at 9v.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

MXR Flanger.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

My OCD (comes from the factory being able to handle it), and I modded both of my Wylde Overdrives to run 18 volts after I tried one of them that way.

With the OCD, it makes a little difference, but not much. With the Wylde Overdrive, 18 volts brings out more growl and harmonics. That mod is very much worth doing.
          Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

barber ltd and catalinbred dls are both at 18v. the dls is good at 9v but great at 18. things are tighter and bigger sounding. the ltd sounds less middy at 18v with tons of headroom

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
              My OCD (comes from the factory being able to handle it), and I modded both of my Wylde Overdrives to run 18 volts after I tried one of them that way.

With the OCD, it makes a little difference, but not much. With the Wylde Overdrive, 18 volts brings out more growl and harmonics. That mod is very much worth doing.
              My OCD run the same way. I think the dynamics are more sensitive at 18v.
              Jackson Soloist/EMG 81,85
              Ibanez Artist/GL Screamin Demon BR, Ibanez N
              Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul/EMG 81,85

Mostly Metal, Mostly Heavy, 35 years

Comment

Working...
              X