This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A bass upgrade

What about Fender 5 strings ? Pick up range, built quality, wood quality, over all sound ?

Comment

Fender makes a wide range of things.

Brand name means nuffin.

Comment

Fender 5 String Jazz Bass, deluxe, standard shoot your opinions also y'all know anything about the Marcus Miller - Sire basses?
        Last edited by pyrotbag; 08-21-2015, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Take your time when you get to the shop, play a wide range of gear, and buy what sings to you. Upside of going with a slightly less expensive bass is that you could maybe spend more on other things you can't easily get your hands on back home. Maybe improve the amp, too? Maybe some recording gear?
          "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by pyrotbag View Post
            Fender 5 String Jazz Bass, deluxe, standard shoot your opinions also y'all know anything about the Marcus Miller - Sire basses?
            Here is a Bass Musician Magazine review of a Marcus Miller - Sire bass.

"Honestly, I was blown away by the V7. The finish on the bass is impeccable, the neck felt amazing (it was one of things that they spent a great deal of time and care on) and the resonance of the bass was great. In short, even acoustically this instrument played and felt like it should cost AT LEAST triple or more what it does. And we haven’t even talked about the electronics yet....

The Marcus Miller V7 bass from Sire Guitars is a game changer. The concept of putting quality instruments into everyone’s hands is extremely well thought out, only eclipsed by the thought that went into the V7 bass. Available in 4 or 5 string versions with swamp ash or alder bodies and starting at $399, there is something for everyone with the V7 bass."

The next bass I buy new is going to be a Sire bass.
            Originally posted by DrNewcenstein
            To understand the idiot, you must think like an idiot.

Comment

I will play a lot of basses when I get there, might get a new amp. Also I want a review of the V7 from someone from this forum who's actually played it. I like first hand experience from people telling their pleasures and pains from playing said instruments.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTalon View Post
                Here is a Bass Musician Magazine review of a Marcus Miller - Sire bass.

"Honestly, I was blown away by the V7. The finish on the bass is impeccable, the neck felt amazing (it was one of things that they spent a great deal of time and care on) and the resonance of the bass was great. In short, even acoustically this instrument played and felt like it should cost AT LEAST triple or more what it does. And we haven’t even talked about the electronics yet....

The Marcus Miller V7 bass from Sire Guitars is a game changer. The concept of putting quality instruments into everyone’s hands is extremely well thought out, only eclipsed by the thought that went into the V7 bass. Available in 4 or 5 string versions with swamp ash or alder bodies and starting at $399, there is something for everyone with the V7 bass."

The next bass I buy new is going to be a Sire bass.

Man, they look good.
                "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Maybe some member has played them? I want to read some comments from members of this forum.

Comment

Dude, thank you all for your opinions and comments. I am gonna take them all into account and with this I am closing the thread. Cheers dudes!

Comment

Working...
                    X