Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TB-14 Custom 5 Questions

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    If you can get a Custom 5 for a good price, go ahead. If you're planning to buy a new humbucker for a strat, I'd recommend the C/59 Hybrid. It's the perfect cross between the Custom 5 and 59 for obvious reasons.
    I found a TB-14 on eBay in white (seriously OCD about color matching for pickups) for $60 free shipping so I went with that–I'll probably end up swapping the mag out for a UOA5. The C/59 Hybrid sounds like it would be a good fit too though! Thank you very much for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
      What are your thoughts on this pickup? Love? Hate?

I'm thinking about pairing it with Fender Fat 50s in the Neck and Mid--good/bad idea?
      I like the sound clips and might get one. My question to you all is do you think a sentient would go well with it in the neck? If so, I'll probably drop a TB 14 (the trembucker version) and a sentient in my prs se floyd custom 24. Do you think those pickups would sound good it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Have you tried the Fender Fat 50 Bridge pickup? Its sounding thin/brittle and very bright. I have a spare UOA5–if I'm reading you correctly, you are saying the UOA5 makes it more full and warmer? Thanks!
        I have a strat that came with fat 50s and I have a custom uoa5 in an lp.

I really think you just want a bridge humbucker. Personally I would look into the custom hybrid or screamin demon with that setup.

Comment

I've used the C5 in a hog w/maple cap Hamer, and the Hybrid currently in a Les Paul. Great results with both!

I have to speculate on this, but I think I would tilt toward a Hybrid for a Strat. I'm actually considering such a move myself.

Comment

I found a TB-14 on eBay in white (seriously OCD about color matching for pickups) for $60 free shipping so I went with that–I'll probably end up swapping the mag out for a UOA5. The C/59 Hybrid sounds like it would be a good fit too though! Thank you very much for the help!
            I'm reaaally late here but how did this humbucker sound with the fat 50s? I happen to be making the exact same decision.

Comment

Working...
            X