Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: the Hy-Bro neck is in!

Originally posted by TRex View Post
    If you could get it to sould like a tighter 59 at low gain and more organic Jazz under high gain, I'd go for that.
    The tweaked prototype will do all that, plus articulation without being sterile.

How do you like the sound of that, uh?

Comment

Originally posted by TRex View Post
      If you could get it to sould like a tighter 59 at low gain and more organic Jazz under high gain, I'd go for that.
      That sounds a lot like the Sentient.
      "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

I'm wanting to use this pickup paired with a 59/Custom Hybrid in a LP w/ JP wiring. I like the 59/Jazz comparisons, and I'm hoping the 'HyBro' will split nicely as well.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
          I'm wanting to use this pickup paired with a 59/Custom Hybrid in a LP w/ JP wiring. I like the 59/Jazz comparisons, and I'm hoping the 'HyBro' will split nicely as well.
          Well if you where to use a Jazz coil for the split you would get just that

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Totally interested in the redo. I very much want a neck hybrid that is a complement to the c/59.

Comment

Well, if my last post wasnt clear for interest, I DEF am!!! PLEASE!!! My Charvel with the Hybrid in the bridge sounds SO Amazing in the bridge position. I cant currently get the balance in the neck. If I had a matching neck pup for it, would be heaven.
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by chris effect View Post
                That sounds a lot like the Sentient.
                I don't think there are many Sentients for sale in Italy yet... if any. None of the shops I know have any in stock; order-only.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                  I don't think there are many Sentients for sale in Italy yet... if any. None of the shops I know have any in stock; order-only.
                  You should try it. That's the pickup I thought of when this whole business about a neck version hybrid started. I really like the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
                    Hey guys, first off many thanks to Kojak for checking out the pickup and the clips. We will be reviewing all the feedback and likely going to take a crack at a second version, with an official video demo that thoroughly showcases the pickup and allows the group to vote whether to proceed.
                    Here's a suggestion. Since Keith Merrow is a SD consultant and I'm assuming is around your facility in some fashion, give a second prototype to him for a 5 minute demo with and without post processing and this would be nipped in the bud in a little over a week instead of this year long fiasco. Boom! done!

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
                      Here's a suggestion. Since Keith Merrow is a SD consultant and I'm assuming is around your facility in some fashion, give a second prototype to him for a 5 minute demo with and without post processing and this would be nipped in the bud in a little over a week instead of this year long fiasco. Boom! done!
                      This
                      Originally posted by Myaccount876
                      Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

OK, so let's talk about how long it will take to v. 2.0 of the Hy-Bro to see the light:

I'd say not before February 2016.

What say you?

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                          To work as a bridge p'up, you'll need to install it with the screw coil facing the neck. Would you still be interested?
                          I am scratching my head here. Why will I need to do that?
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Yogi Berra was correct.
                          Originally posted by JOLLY
                          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                            you don't! Some people are stuck in their ways. There would be less innovation in the world if people were forced to do things one way only.

Comment

I would like to hear the 2.0 version.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                                So it'll work as intended, like the '59/Custom works. You know, due to its hybrid nature...

Comment

Working...
                                X