Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the Hy-Bro neck is in!

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
    I'm sorry but you're wrong, cream looks great on that guitar with the gold hardware and gold-ish binding.
    Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
    I actually prefer creme trim rings on a black Les Paul that also has creme binding. It ties it in better than if it were black rings. Black rings would make it look more like a Studio model. Maybe the color will grow on you and you will prefer this to the black set you were expecting.
    Well... when I first saw her finished, my first thought was "I don't hate it",

But now that you both mention it, even though she now doesn't have anymore the "Tuxedo look" I'm so fond of, I must admit that the new color combo doesn't suck at all.

Maybe it'll grow on me? It was a happy accident that'll help me to be a bit more open-minded?

Only time will tell. And thank you both, KeeperOS and Fusion1, for point it out.

Yours very truly,

Comment

Alittle side track if I may.. I like the look of those caps.. Im primarily an orange drop user.. Is there any performance diff tween these and the orange drops? If so, where would one get them? In the US..

Hmmm Thinking maybe I should drop some triple shots in one of my babys too. Ive always gone for versatility with my guitars.. My Gibby Trad pro has push pull pots for coil taps already tho
      Last edited by BloodRose; 09-21-2015, 10:17 AM.
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        Is there any performance diff tween these and the orange drops?
        Well, it might as well be the "placebo effect" talking, but I'd swear the caps I've used are smoother than Orange Drops.

If so, where would one get them? In the US
        "Ask and Thou shalt receive"

I should drop some triple shots in one of my babys
        Man, the Triple Shots kick some ass and then some!

Comment

One other plus with the cream Triple Shots are the tiny black switches are much easier to see than on the black Triple Shots, so there's that!

I do see they aren't an exact match to the cream/amber (yellowed) binding.

I'm sure there might be a way to relic the Triple Shot's with coffee painted on to give it a more vintage look but not sure if it would get you closer to the binding color or more of a brownish color. Just throwing that out there.

Another suggestion might be a vintage tint added to a clearcote applied to the Tripleshots to get closer to the binding color, but it might be a "Do at your own risk" kind of thing as I'm not sure if it may melt the plastic they use for the Tripleshots.

In any event I'm glad you dig the Hybro so far and can't wait to hear some of the tones it's capable of. I'm definitely staying tuned!
          Last edited by Fusion1; 09-21-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I like the switching options of the Triple Shots. I have a set in my Ibanez 123. I do not like how fragile the micro switch connection to the circuit board is. If you ever decide to swap pickups out, you have to be very careful not to break those wires. I would almost just switch the ring/pickup assembly whole if I ever decided to swap out the ones in my Ibby.

Comment

The guitar would look better with black rings, no contest. The cream rings look so bulky against the black.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

^^
                I don't see it. Though it will be nice when they age a bit.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Do the coils sound balanced with 2 different style wires? Any plans on coil splitting? Curious how they would sound.

Comment

Ibanez PF200? Strongly approve .

Looking forward to hearing impressions, as a hybrid user. I have a 59/J in my Ibanez which I'm very fond of.
                    Originally posted by dominus
                    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Thanks for the info and link! Seems odd to me that something oil filled transfers sound...

Yeah, the binding is aged, but the switch tip and the inlays are still pretty white, so the rings look fine..

Ok, Im dying to hear how the pup is!!!!!
                      Last edited by BloodRose; 09-22-2015, 07:31 AM.
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I've asked for some studio time this Friday.

If it goes as planned, the first part will be published next week.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can manage to post to Soundcloud some crappy examples of my playing using the Hy-Bro neck.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                          I've asked for some studio time this Friday.
                          Bad news, the studio have no time before the 29th.

I guess I'll be forced in taking a crash course in using a DAW. Until now it's always been me playing and somebody else at the desk.

Seems like it's me, myself and I, all over again...

Comment

At least share your thoughts, impressions, feelings, etc

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Bloodrose, everything would be a lot easier if I didn't have to work away from home!

I bought a video course to use Presonus Studio One, so I can do something useful in all the travel time that would be otherwise wasted.

This weekend I'll be home, so I hope to be able to produce something useful. *sigh*

Comment

the Hy-Bro neck is in!

Take your time, man. Regardless of what the demo shows, I'm going to buy at least two. I find video demos almost entirely useless, and I never buy a pickup based on another person's demo. Any word on when orders will open up, and what pricing will be? Or maybe they'll decide to simply put it into standard production (hint, hint).
                                Originally posted by LesStrat
                                Yogi Berra was correct.
                                Originally posted by JOLLY
                                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X