Dave Murray and victory amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dave Murray and victory amps

I actually own the V100, the same amp Dave uses. I also own a couple of vintage marshalls. The V100 blows the Marshalls out of the water, by a LARGE margin. The V100 is tighter, more articulate and much, much easier to play.

So, if it sounds muffled, I'm willing to bet that's due to the production and not the amp cause... the Victory is epic.

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
      I will bite the bullet: My favorite Maiden tone is Fear of the Dark
      Agreed. Does anyone know what gear was used in the recording of that album?

Comment

Victory amps are available in US

Originally posted by Shooter.556 View Post
        The Victory Amps Chappers had on were pretty sweet I thought. I talked to the Captain (Lee Anderton) (super cool guy by the way) about ordering one but its was retarded expensive getting it to the states. That'e when they first burst on the scene and they were playing them on every video. I ordered a new Les Paul instead and abandonded that dream. If you can get them in the states now though I'd be interested in one.
        I thought I saw that Music Zoo in NYC carries Victory. They're in the $2-3K range.

Comment

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post
          Agreed. Does anyone know what gear was used in the recording of that album?
          Don't know what they used in the studio for shure, but during that tour they used:

JCM 900 (primarily), Mesa Mark IV and G & K amps. The latter for clean sounds.
          Celestion and EV loaded Marshall cabs.
          Guitars were Fender and Jackson with either Super Distortions or JB's in the bridge.

Comment

Working...
          X