Has anyone used this website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used this website?

Just wondering if anyone from Germany has used http://www.musik-center.de/ . There's some sort of certificate when you click the image on the top right side that shows reviews (ok, I know that it's easy to fake reviews). But when I'm about to register I get the image shown below. My question - has anyone bought from this website? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Has anyone used this website?

Might be a server mis-configuration. Call their admin and tell him.

Comment

Although I've never used that site in particular I do get similar warnings like that for sites I do know and trust from time to time. I would contact them like greekdude said and let them know what's going on.
      Soundcloud

Comment

Just sent an e-mail and waiting. I hope I get a response soon :3

Comment

That is to do with your security settings, and the server itself.

I have just been on a holiday in europe using various different WiFi servers, and some are much more secure than others. One in particular seems to be a popup haven.......normally very safe and trusted websites would trip out laptop and pad security warning where they hadn't before.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
            That is to do with your security settings, and the server itself.

I have just been on a holiday in europe using various different WiFi servers, and some are much more secure than others. One in particular seems to be a popup haven.......normally very safe and trusted websites would trip out laptop and pad security warning where they hadn't before.
            "WiFi servers" are nothing more than an other hop in the path of the HTTP payload, which travels disassembled as TCP packets which are broken down to IP packets. When using SSL/TLS those hops (supposedly) cannot read/write the encrypted info. To cut the long story short : Wifi has nothing to do with the OP's problem.

The site advertises as their certificate issuer : Thawte , which is a pretty known issuing authority. Unless this is a scam (some random admin pretending to be thawte), might be a server bad setup.

Comment

Not really. If you have always have had the same server it might not be so obvious, but for those who travel and visit the same sites worldwide then the change becomes clear. I never have issues with all the forums I vist like this one. However going through the same computer and sites one week with a certain wifi connection brought up endless popups.
              I've had the same issue as the OP trying to access yahoo mail in Heathrow. Nowhere else had this problem, and no settings on the computer altered either before or after. And the computer in question has my login details in cache.

Comment

^^^ PKI cryptography and pop ups, are totally different species. Upgrade your PC, which is eaten away by viruses, and go buy some book on computers.

Comment

Whatever dude.......

But if nothing else changes and somethings ok before and after but not during 1 access, logic dictates etc. And we had a compy expert with us there. Expert confirmed what my impeccable logic said should be the case.

Comment

the OP's issue is a disagreement between what his firefox thinks is a trusted cert signer and what the server's public certificate declares. And this has nothing to do with WiFi's. Firefox (or any browser) has a db with all the public certificates of all the issuing authorities it trusts by default.

In my firefox the most relevant thawte issuer's CN is : thawte DV SSL CA - G2
                    http://www.musik-center.de/ certs 's advertised issuer's CN is : Thawte DV SSL CA

Those two should match. Or it might be a problem with the trusted chain. Anyway, their admins should deal with the problem.

Comment

Here is a list of Thawte's certs : https://search.thawte.com/support/ss...le=en_US#links

Apparently at least in my firefox, only the RSA SHA-2 : "thawte DV SSL CA - G2" is included, "Thawte DV SSL CA" is not.

to the OP :

You might want to manually install the missing cert to your firefox and see if the problem goes away. If yes, then you may freely trust this musik-center.de site .

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                        Here is a list of Thawte's certs : https://search.thawte.com/support/ss...le=en_US#links

Apparently at least in my firefox, only the RSA SHA-2 : "thawte DV SSL CA - G2" is included, "Thawte DV SSL CA" is not.

to the OP :

You might want to manually install the missing cert to your firefox and see if the problem goes away. If yes, then you may freely trust this musik-center.de site .
                        Thanks. Which one should I install? There are many. By the way, someone told me that the sha the website uses is outdated.

Comment

^^^ pretty much this. I think so as well.

Use this one : "Thawte DV SSL CA" from https://search.thawte.com/support/ss...le=en_US#links .

If you get into any trouble just call them.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                            ^^^ pretty much this. I think so as well.

Use this one : "Thawte DV SSL CA" from https://search.thawte.com/support/ss...le=en_US#links .

If you get into any trouble just call them.
                            Just did it and I don't get the message anymore.

Edit : And now let's try a couple of their guitars :P I really hope that at least one of them is good so I can finally keep a guitar xD
                            Last edited by Χάρης; 09-20-2015, 03:15 AM.

Comment

σου το εύχομαι φίλε!

Comment

Working...
                              X