Question about Bandit 112 amp ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Bandit 112 amp ...

What do you Peavey users think about this new version of the amp with this ****ty speaker (Blue Marvel) ? I used to own a Studio Pro 112 Transtube series . I liked this amp a lot , of course for someone whos not a professional player and comes from a lost place like me (Brasil) its way better than anything made here , but I hear some people complaining about Transtube Peavey Amps , saying that theyīre not great . This Studio Pro 112 of mine was stolen back in 2011 and now I am planning to buy an used version of the Bandit 112 , with Sheffield speakers . The other amp I have which was not stolen is a Marshall Valvestate ; I īd like to have the Marshall and other good one . I canīt think of any other affordable amps with the same quality as Peavey Bandit 112 . I remember testing a Hughes and Kettner amp many years ago and liking it . Some people say Laney is a good amp to play Metal too . Iīm not thinking about getting a real tube amp anytime soon . When I decide to do so , it will certainly be a Marshall JCM and no other one .

Re: Question about Bandit 112 amp ...

I got a bandit with the sheffield speaker red stripe in my collection.

Those amps hammer. Seriously rad amps.

Comment

My buddy has a bandit 75 it. Came with a scorpion speaker he swapped it wit an eminence
      Sounds great

I have a Laney solid state GC80A
      It too sounds great thick British tone built like a tank

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Hard to go wrong with a Bandit no matter what, man. You can always swap the speaker later on and sell the original.

What about Meteoro amps? Those come from Brazil and they seem like copies of other "classics".
        Are they any good? Tried a few myself and thought they sounded a bit too fizzy and buzzy, but I didn't try for long.
        Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
        Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
        Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
        Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Lots of great solid state amps for metal, especially when you swap out speakers to shape the tone.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
          @ArizonaVoters

Comment

I think Meteoro doesnīt exist anymore , I donīt know . before I got my old Peavey (which was stolen) I considered the possibility of getting a Meteoro with more potence . I plan to get a Bandit soon ...

Comment

I have a older Bandit 112 "silver strip" badass sound in that amp!! I took the Sheffield speaker out and put in an Eminence CV-75 great tone for a SS amp.

Comment

Someone is selling one of those meteor Amps here in PR. seems to be a jcm900 copy. Doesn't look too welcoming. Those peavey trans tubes sound great!! Might be my favorite solid state amp.

Comment

Back in 1996, while working in Thailand it seemed that every guitar player in every band used a Peavey Bandit 112...

Those guys all got good tone from them and used them every night.

I could never figure why so many others complained about them...
                  Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                  When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                  Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                  Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                  Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Once you swap the Blue Marvel out, it's a good amp! The Blue Marvel is atrocious, though. I bet a G12H-75 Creamback would DESTROY in that amp.

Comment

Working...
                    X