Pulled out a Sunn 880 coliseum and 1/18 cab at the shop today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled out a Sunn 880 coliseum and 1/18 cab at the shop today

Early 1970's beast that is a surprisingly decent guitar head as well as a beast of a Bass amp!
    Ya know working in a PAWN SHOP can be hard on the wallet when you have GAS!
    Tempting this beast is but I'm amp poor right now so--.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: Pulled out a Sunn 880 coliseum and 1/18 cab at the shop today

Sunn is Success
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

The bass tones from that are HUGE!!

Comment

Plugged into a Coliseum Lead with a pair of 412s back in the day...definitely a pantleg whipping, ear-bending experience.

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

She be a bad boy that's for sure and the cab was what REALLY surprised me in being a 1/18!! When i first saw it thought it was a 4/12 till I pulled the grill cloth and SURPRISE!
          What shocked me was how decent it sounded with the 1/18 playing guitar as I was whipping out some Stranglehold on it when I first plugged it in. My GOD is this thing LOUD!!

She be fer sale at the shop so---.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

My bass player uses one. It's killer BUT so, so loud....

sigpic

Comment

While I had the '69 Bassman, I had a 115 sealed cab I'd built and filled with a Carvin 15" PA speaker. Worked a charm, and it projected, but you didn't really *hear* it until you were on the other side of the room.
              "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

How much do they want for that?

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                  How much do they want for that?
                  I Sold it first day on the floor for $600 OTD.
                  Guitars

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

OMG!

I totally love the Sunn Coliseum! I had a friend who brought his over to my apartment in 1971. It had two cabs with 2x15 JBLs (D130) each. Man, that thing was sweet! It literally gave me an orgasm. Never played one through an 18" though.

It's no wonder it sold first day.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                      X