Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lunchtime any suggestions?

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    Come on man you know me. I will be playing everything under the sun, jazz to metal. I am hoping to stay around $450
    I feel you, I just didn't know if this was for a specific project. I'm thinking something 6V6 or 5881 based, maybe. $450 ... need to think about that one...
    Last edited by beaubrummels; 10-11-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

One of those small Traynor amps could fit the bill.

Comment

I vote for the Fender Super Champ X2. It doesn't do Vox tones well, but has a wide spectrum of very musical tones. The new Orange Micro Terror Dark is something to consider also. If you want full tube sound, then Vox AC4.

Comment

Originally posted by HTT View Post
          I vote for the Fender Super Champ X2. It doesn't do Vox tones well, but has a wide spectrum of very musical tones.
          I am leaning towards the Champ (big surprise). I have played the amp and like the tone. I didn't get a chance to play it with pedals. Does anyone know if it takes to pedals well?

Comment

I'd suggest one of the Boogies. I love the TA-15, and I have seen it go for around $500 before.

A buddy of mine has a Classic 20 combo, and he gets some great tones out of it. It's a cool little amp.
            Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              I am leaning towards the Champ (big surprise). I have played the amp and like the tone. I didn't get a chance to play it with pedals. Does anyone know if it takes to pedals well?
              IMO it doesn't, it is like most modeling amps with dirt pedals. Some pedals sound OK but boosting the level to the front end DSP too much and it turns into a mess.
              Like I said earlier, the signal goes through the DSP no matter what, there's no channel that bypasses it. It's not like slamming the front of a fender tube amp.

Comment

I hadnt seen the Fargens till this thread. did a google search and found one a musician's friend. pretty cool lookin! Pricey for a mini. I also found this little one watt marshall. One clearance for $1100 .. ouch

Get the guaranteed best price on Tube Guitar Amplifier Heads like the Marshall Custom Tattoo JVM-1H 1W Phil Kyle Tube Guitar Head at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands...
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                X