banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When your band members taunt you to buy a full stack....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When your band members taunt you to buy a full stack....

What I should do, is just run two 100 watt half stacks in stereo. That'll larn 'em.

sigpic

Comment

I don't want to be the party pooper but there's really no reason to have so many speakers. Save your ears and your back and stick with whatever's NEEDED.

Comment

This is what you need for your rehearsal room, that might change their mind

Comment

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
          @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Haha. Marvellous. Marshallous? Marshall-less?
            Last edited by omg81; 10-14-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
              Tell them they're gonna have to carry it
              Absolutely this!

Comment

Originally posted by hydro View Post
                What I should do, is just run two 100 watt half stacks in stereo. That'll larn 'em.
                That's always AWESOME!! I do it on occasion in my kitchen. A few years ago, I didn't feel like mowing my yard, so I paid a friend of mine to do it. He was on my riding mower, and he said he could hear me jamming in my kitchen over the mower.

Comment

That's impressive. Closest I came to that is when the pest control guy heard me jamming on my Princeton and complimented me when he dropped off the bill. I think if I had used your approach, no pesticides would have been needed and the bugs woulda dropped on their own...

sigpic

Comment

LOL! over kill indeed, but it still always makes me giddy seeing a massive backline. I saw Blackfoot open for Molly Hatchet and they had a backline of Marshall stacks.. So did Yngwie. As far as what Hydro was saying about a club.. My wife and I saw Living Color in a small club and Vernon had 2 or 3 full stacks going.. Wife was deaf for about 3 weeks..
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Burnin' Vernon - one of my favorites. That must have been awesome to see him play in a club.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hydro View Post
                        Burnin' Vernon - one of my favorites. That must have been awesome to see him play in a club.
                        It was ! Won free tix, had no idea who they were. Was at a tiny club before Cult of personality took off and all. I believe Vivid had just been released. But yeah, we were maybe 10 feet from him and about 3-5 feet from one of his Marshall stacks. I left with ears ringing, but very impressed. Muzz was killer too!
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Best back-line I ever saw was David Lee Roth on the (I think it was the) Skyscraper tour in Philly. It was dummy Marshall cabs but they were the entire width of the stage and about eight high, maybe more. Just a wall of Marshalls...and Vai was probably using a few Carvins so I imagine they were dolled up to look like Marshalls. It was the only time I've ever seen Vai live and lemme tell you he, hands down is the most impressive guitar/pyrotechnics/stunt-man player I've ever seen. He doesn't just play the F out of a guitar, he makes a show of it like it's just too easy for him.

Comment

Jake E. Lee, Ballard Firehouse, Seattle, mid-1990's...

Two full stacks, Peavey 5150s, matching cabs.

Rhythm Channel only. Gain...dimed. Master Volume...dimed.

Had to leave before the show was over, too loud.

Even with ear plugs, it was three days before I could hear anything.

Bill
                            When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
                            X