Gain at your feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gain at your feet

I'd love something like that too--especially if it had an equivalent "minimum volume" feature for gain/fuzz.
    I wish there could be something like that for for delay-time too!

Comment

Originally posted by Boppy View Post
      I'd love something like that too--especially if it had an equivalent "minimum volume" feature for gain/fuzz.
      I wish there could be something like that for for delay-time too!
      Great idea for delay as well! I don't use it but I think this would be a great feature!

I could be wrong, but I thought the Boss GT allowed you to assign the expression pedal for stuff like this...

Comment

Pretty sure the Moog Delay lets you... ummm... watching the video... holy h#%$, that looks like fun...
        "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

perhaps parallel split the signal between clean and gain and use a blend footswitch
          Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
          http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Originally posted by Progbusters View Post
            perhaps parallel split the signal between clean and gain and use a blend footswitch
            Hmmm... that's a very interesting idea... may have possibilities!

[emoji450]Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk [emoji441]
            Originally posted by The Commodores?
            "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Originally posted by Progbusters View Post
              I had thought about trying this too although it's a lot of switches and cables. Another approach would be to run stereo amps, one clean the other dirty, with a vol. pedal after the stereo split on the dirt amp.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                Great idea for delay as well! I don't use it but I think this would be a great feature!

I could be wrong, but I thought the Boss GT allowed you to assign the expression pedal for stuff like this...
                Yup it can be done on the gt10 & above, not sure about older models. The parallel split thing is also possible with blend controlled by the exp pedal. It should be possible on a hd500 & digitech gnx4 as well but i'm not sure about the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post

Pretty sure the Moog Delay lets you... ummm... watching the video... holy h#%$, that looks like fun...
                  I am a huge fan of the MOOG stuff. I have a bunch of minis and the Clusterflux which is the best flange/chorus I have ever used.

Comment

*nods* I've got the Tremolo, wouldn't mind getting the Delay.

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
                      *nods* I've got the Tremolo, wouldn't mind getting the Delay.
                      Have you used the Trem with the expression pedal yet? Talk about hours of fun.

Comment

I haven't, with the move and all, but I have the expression pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                          Yup it can be done on the gt10 & above, not sure about older models. The parallel split thing is also possible with blend controlled by the exp pedal. It should be possible on a hd500 & digitech gnx4 as well but i'm not sure about the latter.
                          I believe it works with the GNX4
                          I can do it with my GNX 3K
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Ok so I got the AKAI SHRED-O-MATIC thing in the mail yesterday, and took it to the practice space to mess around with it.

Just to give you an idea, when I bid on this thing on Reverb, it was listed at $50 with $10 shipping. I bid $40 and the dude immediately accepted. When I got the package, the shipping cost was $17 on his end; so he paid $7 extra just to get rid of the thing.

After troubleshooting the crap-o power supply (not original, barely working) that he provided and giving it decent power, I concluded that the tone options varied from "can of bees" to "can of really, really angry bees". And that was on the tube overdrive setting. With the "high" tone control turned ALL THE WAY DOWN. I was afraid to even really try the diode setting.

The sensitivity of the treadle was such that you went essentially from "slightly too much gain" to "way, way too much gain" -- even when the gain knob was turned all the way down. As a volume pedal, it seemed to work OK but with a weird taper.

I can see why they stopped making them; more than likely out of pure humanitarian considerations. Good concept, really poor implementation. That having been said, someone who is really into super-high gain might like it. I guess when you call your pedal the "Shred-O-Matic", you are announcing your intentions pretty clearly....

sigpic

Comment

There are probably a few diodes in the circuit that could be gotten rid of to make it more palatable...

Comment

Yeah, I think that the basic idea of the pedal is pretty solid, but its tone and gain stack is so over the top with treble and saturation. Probably if modified by someone who knew what they were doing, it could be pretty cool.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X