Marshall 5010 vs 5210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 5010 vs 5210

I have read many reviews for each amp, but I haven't found any that directly compares both. Anybody out there who has played both and can give me some insight?

Re: Marshall 5010 vs 5210

One thing about JCM800 Marshalls is that the 6 knob single channel has a simple and pure circuit. With the channel switching models, you get a pretty bland sounding clean channel and the gain channel sounds good but a bit stripped of it's harmonic complexity compared to a single channel.

If you really need to be able to toggle between a clean and gain channel, then the 5210 might suit you better. If you want a sweet little rock'n'roll amp that really represents the best JCM800 sound, get the 6 knob 5010. Luckily, these amps love OD pedals and pedals like the MXR Classic OD, Zakk Wylde, or Boss SD-1 compliment the JCM800 very well.....pretty much any decent OD.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Re: Marshall 5010 vs 5210

Ive yad my 5210 since 86. Good tone and very loud. Yes British watts are louder
      “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Working...
      X