X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LEWGUITAR Wrong Place for PUPs

Georgeatt,
    Lew is one of the most knowledgeable and respected people regarding pickups.

His Ebay profile shows an over 99% positive rating, after more than 1200 transactions. You are in a very small minority. You should've been reasonably patient, and been satisfied with a good deal.

Lew rightly spotted you as a problem customer, and gave you an immediate refund.

Where's the problem?

You showed poor judgement again by chosing this forum to attempt to publicly disrespect Lew, who as stated, is one of the most respected members here.

Using the term "pickup Nazi" to describe someone who has refunded your money, actually says a lot about you as a person.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Sorry George, but Iīm on Lewīs side. 3 Days is way fast for almost anything you can order over the internet. thereīs a reason that eBay makes you wait 30 days before filing a claim. A good part of it is that Star Trek was a TV Show and Scotty was an actor, hence "Beaming" doesnīt exist.

If you want an item NOW, then in Heavenīs name go to your local store and pay the extra. Youīll save on shipping, as well.

What?? They donīt have it, you say?? But they can order it, right? Oh, it takes 2 WEEKS, well, thatīs absolutely unheard of. Then order it over the internet, if I can pay in seconds then I can have the swag in seconds. WHAAAT??? The Internet uses the post office as well?? And those are PEOPLE with LIVES on the other side???? So it might take a WEEK?? IīLL DIE, this canīt be happening!!!

Welcome to the real world, George

BTW: Lew is quite a forgiving person. If he flat out refuses to deal with someone, then thereīs a GOOD reason.

PS: I agree that maybe he could have better communicated the "end", but I also think that as soon as you have your cash back it should be obvious, and that it shouldnīt require a separate agreement.
      Last edited by Zerberus; 02-20-2005, 11:16 AM.
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

i agree that Lew is a good guy, but i can also see your beef with him just ending the deal and refunding the money with no negotiation........ doesnt seem right on either side to me
        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
        >cord<
        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

I haven't had the pleasure of purchasing anything from Lew as of yet because I am still trying to finish the decisions on the pickups and electronics to control those pups. With that in mind, Lew has responded to EVERY one of my PM's with a wealth of information that has led me to make an informed decision on the purchase.

I have no doubts that this was an isolated case of miscommunication and will commission his services when I finalize my setup.

That is all I have to say about that.....
          ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

Did not want a refund LEWGUITAR. That was the whole point. I bought the product. The product should been sent to me regardless of your personal feelings. My email message to you was not harrassing in any way. As a matter of fact here is the exact message dated the 18th you deemed harrassing "wheres my pickups" message,

Question about your item

Marketplace Safety Tip

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.

Dear gattmax,

You asked:
            "Hi: I bought this item(s) from you but am not sure if they should have been here by now. Do you know if they were sent USPS or otherwise? If so do you have a tracking number? Thanks, George Atterberry (GATTMAX)"

If you misconstrued that message, apologie accepted and my apology conveyed. Now shall we make the contract good and carry through or not.

Comment

"Pickup Nazi" was a comical reference to the Jerry Seinfeld episode "Soup Nazi". The to-go soup restaurant owner, if the customer made the wrong move, would say "no soup for you" and summarily dismiss the customer. Thats what I felt like in this transaction. If hadnt consumed a week of my time, it might have been funny. I guess for me it is, "No SD pickups for you for one Year".

Comment

Originally posted by Georgeatt
                "Pickup Nazi" was a comical reference to the Jerry Seinfeld episode "Soup Nazi".
                I got the reference, but it's not appopriate on Ebay.
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

The "Pickup Nazi" thing is humorous, but inappropriate in any setting where it can't be thoroughly explained. Sorry the deal went sour for you, and better luck on your next attempt to get pickups
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Lew and I have been kicking around some ideas for custom colour pup order for a few months now ... on and off again, as I keep changing my mind.

Lew has ALWAYS replied quickly, and kept me 100% informed that what I'm asking for will NOT appear in good time.

I thought the pricing was fair, since you are also paying for his time/expertise, as well.

There's no real meaning for this post, other than to say that
                    1 - I can't picture the Lew I've dealt with and read 4,000+ posts from as being as you describe him
                    2- There are 3 sides to every story. To come here to "warn" us about Lew smells of a smear campaign to me.

The easiest way to deal with the likes of this guy is to put him on your ignore list.
                    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Georgeatt
                      "Pickup Nazi" was a comical reference to the Jerry Seinfeld episode "Soup Nazi". The to-go soup restaurant owner, if the customer made the wrong move, would say "no soup for you" and summarily dismiss the customer. Thats what I felt like in this transaction. If hadnt consumed a week of my time, it might have been funny. I guess for me it is, "No SD pickups for you for one Year".
                      Since Lew gave you your money back, why did you leave negative feedback for him on Ebay?

Comment

I have to say, I can't really side with Lew on this one.

He's always been a great forum member and very helpful, but if the emails shown here are all true, then he was wrong to end the deal. He has a contract to fulfill and personal feelings should not intervene.

And the fact that he gave him his money back, does NOT make everything all right. When someone buys something on ebay, and pays for it, they expect to receive it, and legally, they should. In this case, it seems like Lew's actions only resulted in a waste of time for the buyer, and he therefore has every right to complain.

If I have interpreted this incorrectly, then I apologise. As I said before, Lew has always been great, so it's sad to hear of this.
                        Last edited by darkshadow54321; 02-20-2005, 11:51 AM.
                        There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Comment

I am another happy customer of Lew's and I question the credibility of this post.
                          My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

I've dealt with Lew and he's a great guy and always helpful. Apparently you're one of those unreasonable unpatient type buyers that no one wants to deal with. I sell a lot on ebay and when I run into problems like this once in a while. You didn't get what you wanted so YOU were the one to throw a hissy fit, especially here of all places. I would have done the same as lew because I'm an honest polite seller and when I have a customer that just is going to try to make my life hell I promptly refund their money then block them from all my future auctions, which I've done in the past. I don't have the time or patience to sit and argue with someone who you can't please unless they get the item for free or next to nothing. Some of us actually need to make money off our sales. Ebay isn't a charity.

In reference to being a "pickup nazi" --- "no pickups for you!!"

Comment

Hi: I bought this item(s) from you but am not sure if they should have been here by now. Do you know if they were sent USPS or otherwise? If so do you have a tracking number? Thanks, George Atterberry (GATTMAX)
                              If this was the email (and the only one?) that made Lew end the deal without explanation I can truly understand Georgeatts reaction.

if Lew calls this:
                              "This guy started hammering me with where are my pickups questions and saying they should have been here by now three days after he paid for them!"
                              I don't know, there's gotta be more to this story...or not??
                              Well, what the heck, order your stuff elsewhere anad forget about it... I've seen Lew's threads and he really is a big help to people here. Everyone can have a bad day, even me, hehe...
                              Rek Custom Guitar (Duncan Full Shred set)
                              Peavey Vandenberg Ed.2 (Tom Anderson HN3, DiMarzio Chopper)
                              Peavey Vandenberg Custom Quilt Top (Stock pickups)

Comment

I've gotta partly go with darkshadow on this one.

If what's been laid out here is the whole story, I can't see why Lew refunded the money and canceled the purchase. It was an honest question. Not like "Oh my pickup isn't here yet what's wrong with your shipping you suck!!!!!", but just an inquiry as to whether he could get a tracking number, that's all.

But somehow, I don't think that's the whole story. Calling him a pickup nazi, saying he threw a hissy fit, then saying that you asked politely and that was it somehow doesn't add up to me. And Lew said that you hammered him with questions. I'm not saying I believe him and am shunting you, I'm just saying that I doubt the truth of the stories of both of you until both sides come forth with the whole thing.

Boleslaw Gears, you asked for $3 off the 30% discount from the list price, and as a Seymour Duncan dealer, Lew's not allowed to go lower than the 30% discount from the list price.
                                '04 Schecter C-1 Plus (TB-4 JB/SH-2n Jazz)

Comment

Working...
                                X