Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions on Blackstar amps?

Originally posted by HTT View Post
    I think the HT-5 generation 1 combo will serve you pretty well to very well, then.
    Nice

Thank you all for your help. You guys are the best

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
      Its kinda funny. This thread and over the years in the forum, most of the experience with Blackstar has been the small amps. Ive played the little HT5 in GC and liked it. Id really like to know more about the big amps. Jolly gives his thumbs up and I know alot of the bigger name players are using them. But I take endorsements with a grain of sodium...
      I have the Series One 200. It can do pretty much anything you want it to amazingly.

One note: If you play modern metal with "vintage"-voiced pickups, a tubescreamer out front is warranted to keep things tight and focused without having to crank the gain.

Also, it weighs 95 pounds with the case.

Comment

Originally posted by RStabler View Post
        I have the Series One 200. It can do pretty much anything you want it to amazingly.........Also, it weighs 95 pounds with the case.

Comment

I had an HT5 and it was a decent amp. I wasn't blown away or depressed by it. I guess it just lacked any specific personality and sounded like a guitar amp. I'd hunt for a steal on ebay since they're so common.

Some people dislike the fact that they have a reputation for being difficult to repair and having "non-tubey" stuff going on but lets be honest, if something blows up you're just gonna toss it and buy a new one. Labor would cost as much as the amp does.
          Last edited by Sleepy; 11-28-2015, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X