Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peavey 6505+ vs Laney IRT Studio

Originally posted by jrbowen81 View Post
    Ok, just to shift gears for a moment... Would I be crazy to get an Ironheart 60watt head place of my 6505+? I mean, Laneys are just plain good amps anyway.

It even sounds better (to me) than a bias-modded 6505, at least in this example.
    I have a Laney IRT60. Can't really compare with a 6505+ as I have never tried one. But the Laney is a pretty good amp. It's got a lot of punch to it and the clean sound is actually really good as well as the overdrive sound. It really surprised me. The 'watts' dial is a lifesaver, as it allows me to play without annoying neighbours or ripping the tiles off of the roof with volume. It's definitely worth trying out.

Also, if the IRT studio is anything like the other amps in the range, it will be a little monster!

Comment

Your reply to every post is "but I want the laney" so I guess get the laney

:thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
        Your reply to every post is "but I want the laney" so I guess get the laney

:thumbsup:
        So I guess send me the money! Then, I'd have both! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449145348.218809.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	5789356 LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yowza!

Comment

I still need to try recording direct from my "preamp out" jack and compare the sound to the tracks I recorded from the "line out" on the HotPlate. Maybe that will solve the problem. The cab sims on Wall of Sound III are very good, but somehow I'm still lacking the aggression and attack that I get from playing through my real speaker cab. Of course my current cab is the baddest one I've ever owned, but I digress.

Anyway, as far as this direct recording/using cab sims thing, I have a feeling that I may regain a lot of the attack and bite from my amp by running straight out the back of the amp itself rather than through the HotPlate and THEN into my interface. I'm just thinking there has to be some sort of tone loss there. The HotPlate is good, but of course it's not perfect.

Yowza!

Comment

Originally posted by jrbowen81 View Post
            I still need to try recording direct from my "preamp out" jack and compare the sound to the tracks I recorded from the "line out" on the HotPlate. Maybe that will solve the problem. The cab sims on Wall of Sound III are very good, but somehow I'm still lacking the aggression and attack that I get from playing through my real speaker cab. Of course my current cab is the baddest one I've ever owned, but I digress.

Anyway, as far as this direct recording/using cab sims thing, I have a feeling that I may regain a lot of the attack and bite from my amp by running straight out the back of the amp itself rather than through the HotPlate and THEN into my interface. I'm just thinking there has to be some sort of tone loss there. The HotPlate is good, but of course it's not perfect.
            Just remember that you're plugging the FX Send (Or Preamp Out or whatever) into the computer and NOT the speaker out. Keep the hotplate on the Speaker out as a load. There won't be any tone suck from the Hotplate and it probably will make a difference. (Remember that it will sound buzzy and horrible on its own, that's how preamps sound. )

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
            @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
              Just remember that you're plugging the FX Send (Or Preamp Out or whatever) into the computer and NOT the speaker out. Keep the hotplate on the Speaker out as a load. There won't be any tone suck from the Hotplate and it probably will make a difference. (Remember that it will sound buzzy and horrible on its own, that's how preamps sound. )
              Right. Yeah, I know what you mean. There still has to be a load box in the equation to make silent recording possible. Thanks anyway for telling me though, just to be safe. We gotta look out for each other so nobody catches an amp on fire! Lol

Yowza!

Comment

Working...
              X