Amp suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp suggestions??

again with the tube amp suggestions.. LOL a good SS state head with some ball would be fine..

I also support the mustang IV recommendation..been thinking of getting one myself..never played one but the reviews/soundclips seem good.. seriously just make you a few patches.. 2 or 3 clean.. a couple of distortions.. maby a few modulated ones.. there you go..

I generally am not a fan of moddlers but they have come along way IMO...in saying that.. my goto practice rig is guitar rig IV/PC & headphones...

If i want to unleash a wall of sound.. Ill break out the half stack

ill make my suggestion now..... used randall such as the illustrious RG 100es...

Comment

^^
      With the Jaguar loaded half stack?

Comment

I'd say to get the Mustang. It's plenty loud enough for a band, and if you can't get the tones you need from it, it won't be the amp's fault. Just dial in a couple of good sounds, and then concentrate on your playing. That is far more important in getting good tone than whether or not your amp has tubes...make the guitar sound good, and the amp will follow.
        - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
        Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
        The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          ^^
          With the Jaguar loaded half stack?
          well.. i was thinking celestians..

if the op wants loud..aggressive...metal sound.. an old 80's RG will fit that bill.. it has some downsides such as versatility..1 eq for both channels .. but thats a rather small issue

amp is so loud it starts to distort space-time..lol
          Last edited by Brandenburg; 12-01-2015, 11:00 PM.

Comment

my randal RG100es and RH200 run through either a peavey 412ms cabinet loaded with Sheffield 1290.. or i have 2 early 70's Woodson 212's that sound pretty good.. BUT the speakers are non descript 12"s..(no markings) so needless to say, those arnt pushed so hard..id say the 212's hold maby 50 to 60 watts

would prefer celestians for the 412

Comment

I 2nd & 3rd the 'nice' tube / valve amp ethos.

Look into the Ampeg GVT 52 1X12 combos.

IMHO, they are Criminally Underrated and you can find them for next to nuffing.

I solidly believe this amp will be fantastic for most genres.
              Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Orange micro terror and a 112 cab at a minimum. Killer amp, 90 bucks used guitar center. Call the store, dont pay the standard 45 bucks to ship. The store shipped mine for 6 bucks. I think ibanez has a 112 cab for 150 new with a clestion 70/80. Great starting combo.

Comment

Working...
                X