banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick demo of my Weber 6h50 kit (hiwatt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick demo of my Weber 6h50 kit (hiwatt)

So, I made 2 quick vids of my 6h50 to run through a few of my favorite settings.

Original threads here and here.

That thing is insanely versatile so I barely scratched the surface.
    I'd post the usual disclaimers about the playing and all but the only one that's worth it is that it was all recorded with the cam's mic only so quality is par or sub-par. Still should give you an idea nonetheless.

Normal channel:

Youtube link here

Bright Channel:

Youtube link here
    Last edited by Surgeon; 12-07-2015, 06:22 PM.

Re: Quick demo of my Weber 6h50 kit (hiwatt)

Vids no worky

Comment

They work for me...

Comment

Sounds good. I remember watching your build thread. You did an admirable job with it. This is the amp that has all those White Can Caps and Weber Tranny Set.?
        I remember you had that LONG reach with the heater wires.....you kept it all tight and routed very neat.
        Too bad more guys do not have the Time/Tools/Ability to build their own amps. You can really build a Nice Piece Of Gear.....Go Weber.!
        good luck my friend
        Last edited by zzmoore; 12-06-2015, 08:39 PM.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY73mb28orM
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mZ4BAvEbg
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nToonE52DG8
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl-ddFbSF0

Comment

Originally posted by zzmoore View Post
          Sounds good. I remember watching your build thread. You did an admirable job with it. This is the amp that has all those White Can Caps and Weber Tranny Set.?
          I remember you had that LONG reach with the heater wires.....you kept it all tight and routed very neat.
          Too bad more guys do not have the Time/Tools/Ability to build their own amps. You cab really build a Nice Piece Of Gear.....Go Weber.!
          good luck my friend
          Yeah, same amp. Thank you very much for your kind words. The demos aren't great but this is a great amp and there aren't many demos out there so I was glad to contribute a bit. Remember: if I can do it anybody can...

Comment

I've gotta believe that your setup would cut through about any band mix. Love the low mids of the 6CA7's along with that chime up top. Don't worry about your cam mike. It seems to have done a decent job, as did yourself. Like you said, nothing fancy, but solid playing that highlights the amp/guitar. Those Govenors have a fantastic top end to them!

Comment

Dude, massive. Now that's what a Custom in a LP should sound like.

Comment

Haha, I love it too. Thank you very much for the kind words...

Comment

Do you have the direct youtube links? My Kindle hdx doesnt do embedded vids
                  I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                    Do you have the direct youtube links? My Kindle hdx doesnt do embedded vids
                    I can't do it from work (YouTube and all social media are blocked) but will add them to my original post tonight.

Comment

Hyperlinks directing to youtube added to the original post for JeffB and others whose browsers don't embed...

Comment

That poor camera mic

Amp sounds great.nice job. Really liked the bright channel.

Are the Governors the emi equivalent of a v30?
                        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                          That poor camera mic

Amp sounds great.nice job. Really liked the bright channel.

Are the Governors the emi equivalent of a v30?
                          Haha, yeah, poor lil' thang indeed. It was loud in there.

Yup, Emi's take on the v30. Many say it doesn't have that upper mid/shrill spike but I couldn't tell you as I haven't A/B'd them. I just know I really like all my amps through them so far.

Comment

Impressive!
                            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                              Impressive!
                              Thank you TO. The PPIMV on the amp (a mod from the original circuit by Weber) really works wonders. It's an insanely loud 50watter (moreso than my Orange TV50 imho) and still, it's probably the best practice amp I own.

Comment

Working...
                              X